Trying to lose 21lbs, mild PCOS and TTC...

Options
Anyone else in the same position feel free to add me :) xx

Replies

• ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Well I am trying to lose well over 21lbs, been TTC for 4 years and was dxed with PCOS in 2008
  • texasrebel83
    texasrebel83 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 60 more pounds to hit my goal. I have PCOS, but I'm not TTC, I have 2 year old twins and they are enough for me.
  • Missylydia
    Missylydia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS, but what's TTC?
  • LoriL41
    LoriL41 Posts: 8
    Options
    I've got about 45 more pounds to go and have been TTC for over a year. I do find that my new fitness regimen has been a welcome distraction from my monthly disappointments!
  • Clarehc
    Clarehc Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    TTC - trying to conceive

I am in the same boat, got a good 15lb to shift yet and been TTC no 2 for two years. Just had my second miscarriage too - sigh!

Good luck, I've shed 14lb with MFP since the m/c last month so it does work.

Clare
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 60 more pounds to hit my goal. I have PCOS, but I'm not TTC, I have 2 year old twins and they are enough for me.
    :flowerforyou: LOL
  • SarahDian
    SarahDian Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! Hubby and I have been TTC for 4 years now. 3 miscarriages, 4 surgeries, and LOTS of medical bills. Doctors suspect mild PCOS, definitely insulin resistant, on thyroid meds to regulate that. Trying to focus on just getting myself healthy. I'm 5'6" and my average weight when I do nothing to manage it seems to hover around 175. I've been on MFP for about a month and I'm down to 169. Working out hard and eating really healthy (with a few special occasion splurges). Just seems SO SLOW and I wonder if I will ever get to my goal weight of 145 (30 lbs total loss).
  • khorsey8
    khorsey8 Posts: 2
    Options
    I too have PCOS and am TTC. I have had a number of recent setbacks and am looking to get back on the wagon.
  • abbysmommy1
    abbysmommy1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with PCOS a few months ago and am also TTC. My doctor said that losing weight would help my chances. I have quite a bit more to lose than you do in order to get to my "ideal weight" but I am hoping if I can lose even 20-30 pounds, it will help. Any experience or diet and exercise tips you have found would be much appreciated :-)
  • katherines2230
    katherines2230 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I don't have pcos but will be TTC right after my wedding in March. I'd like to get as healthy as possible by then..I'm still holding on to about 20 pounds from our first! Feel free to add me, I'd love to help motivate you and share ttc tips!