Frustration.

ericacstrickland
ericacstrickland Posts: 5
edited September 30 in Health and Weight Loss
I find its getting harder and harder to lose weight. I recent purchased a bowflex tredclimber, because my weight is getting rediculious. And i mean its not like im stuffing my face with chips and chocolate, Im actually avoiding it! And i CANNOT for the life of me lose weight. I live an active life and eat well. I guess i need some pointers on what im doing wrong or what i should be doing more. I even stopped drinking, like i might have a glass of wine here and there but nothing major. Its getting to the point where im just like is this ever gonna happen? urghhh! Suggestions and pointers would be greatly greatly appreciated :)

Replies

• Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    some details would probably help. Current weight? Goal weight? Open your diary too. What are you eating? How much exercise per week?
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Open zee diary. :)
  • jacksamjack
    jacksamjack Posts: 146 Member
    Yes - open up your diary!! Are you eating enough?? Do you drink water?? Are you exercising too much??

Don't give up - you are worth all the effort!! xxx :happy:
  • since joining MFP I have started to consider portion sizes, and now weigh out my meals whenever possible .... so while you may be eating well - if you are eating too much you are unlikely to lose the calories.

I was shocked at how many calories I sometime eat in a meal (at my usual portion size) - even when its a relatively healthy meal.

xxxx
  • liberaltendencies
    liberaltendencies Posts: 150 Member
    I completely agree that measuring food is critical. I thought I knew what a cup of something was and, in reality, I had NO idea. Like others have suggested, open your diary ... it will also keep you more accountable.
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Have you been to a doctor? Get your thyroid checked!
  • Im currently 144 lbs, (always was 125 and never higher) I eat lots of fruit and veggies. I try to not eat big meals, but more smaller meals. Im never above my calorie rang, usually a bit lower. they say that i should eat at least 1200 cals, but i try for 1100. (which isnt that big of a difference.) I exercise by jogging for an hour 3 times per week, because i work alot. I would like to do more exercise (thats why i purchased the tred climber.) thinking that it will help me. I live in a small village completely isolated, where you cant get fresh fruit and veggies when you want it.
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Well, number one, YOU AREN'T EATING ENOUGH FOOD! Period. You need to eat AT LEAST 1,200 calories a day - and your exercise calories as well. You are starving your body, so it is holding on to everything to survive.
This discussion has been closed.