NSV

Options
A woman I don't know but see each Monday and Thursday morning at my gym came up to me yesterday and said she just had to tell me how great I look and that she could definitely tell I've been working hard. WOW! Compliments from a total stranger - made my day.

Just a reminder that if you happen to notice someone who is killing it and getting results don't be afraid to go tell them so. It will make them feel incredible!

Replies

• got2bfitmom
    got2bfitmom Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    thats awesome!! I had my 5 year old tell me this morning “wow mom you like you lost pounds”
  • GypsyRose25
    GypsyRose25 Posts: 407
    Options
    Way to go, you two! Those are awesome NSV's!
  • kimberly702
    kimberly702 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Awww that's a great story!! What a way to brighten someones day! And I was wondering... what does NSV stand for?
  • kmparks24
    kmparks24 Posts: 198
    Options
    Congrats, you two!! I had one also this morning that I wanted to post. I was heading into work and my colleagues called and asked 'Are you feeling like Chick fil a Chicken Biscuits this morning?" I was like 'No, but I'd be happy to pick them up for you'. SO, I went to chick fil a, ordered their biscuits and a 1/2 diet lemonade 1/2 unsweet tea for me... Just ate my special K berries and feel great!
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    That is so great - it's awesome to hear that there are still some great total strangers out there (and not just the kind that flick you off in traffic!).
    Keep up the amazing work!
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    NSV stands for non-scale victory; any success other than pounds lost.
  • Zelsawaf
    Zelsawaf Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Awesome, that really must be a great feeling!
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    A woman I don't know but see each Monday and Thursday morning at my gym came up to me yesterday and said she just had to tell me how great I look and that she could definitely tell I've been working hard. WOW! Compliments from a total stranger - made my day.

Just a reminder that if you happen to notice someone who is killing it and getting results don't be afraid to go tell them so. It will make them feel incredible!

Amazing feeling isn't it - that is fantastic!!! Its funny, but the comments from people at work and at the gym seems to make more of a difference to me than family - I guess we EXPECT them to love us lol

Great work either way hon - keep it up - so proud for you!!!
    C.J.
  • jmdep68
    jmdep68 Posts: 8
    Options
    That is awesome. I recently had one myself. I went to my 25 yr High School Reunion. I was standing with my wife and told her I was going to go talk to my old carpool friends from high school. As I approached, I could see the complete loss on their faces. I said, "Hey you think I can get a ride with you ladies to school?" Both looked at me and had no clue who I was. When I told them my name(first name only), the one girl looked to the other and said "That's not Jason that rode to school with us!" I was always a big guy in high school, but apparently no longer. She almost refused to believe who I was. It was nice to know I have changed myself that much.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!