Yet another Newbie

Options
Hello, I read about this sight in a magazine and said "cool, think I will check it out" I love the Food Tracker. Who would of thought that I was eating 427 calories for breakfast. Oatmeal, apple and coffee (made with milk not water). Doesn’t leave many choices for the rest of the day.
I little bit about myself. Next year I hit the big 50. Two years ago I was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma. (that was fun) Today I am in remission and currently on a 3 year clinical trial, of which I am half way through. (yea!!) Weekly visits to clinic for chemo cocktails and steroid chasers keep me pretty fatigued. I attend a Zumba class 1x a week and absolutly love it!! I take a karate class (Tang Soo Do) 2x a week. Other than that I keep up with 4 teenagers and a wonderful, supportive husband.
The food thingy is my problem. I like to eat. After 6 months of heavy chemo and not being able to eat for one reason or another, I just enjoy eating. Especially dark chocolate. During treatmentm dark chocolate tasted like wax. :( But I am getting better. Afternoons are the hardest. Between 2 and 5 I just want to munch.
Anyways....I will try this out and try to keep up.
Looking for a cheer team.
Peace & Love
Beamer62
:bigsmile:

Replies

• katie_kaboom
    Options
    Welcome to the group!
  • DarkenScorpio
    Options
    I wish I was as active as you are. I can barely force myself to do my 30 minute exercise daily. I have always heard those Zumba classes are fun. Considered getting a tape/dvd to do myself at home. Cause I am not a fan of being in a public place where people watch me. Anyway welcome to MFP I will be on your cheer team :) I need one too. Just friend me if you'd like.
  • beamer62
    beamer62 Posts: 6
    Options
    Zumba is way fun!!! I am not a big fan either of people watching me so I stand in the front so I cant see anyone but the instructor. Home version is ok. I have the Xbox kinect (sp) its ok but I have no motivation to do it on my own.
    Thanks for the welcome to MFP.
    Awesome on the 7lbs. hope mine moves along soon.
  • beamer62
    beamer62 Posts: 6
    Options
    Looks like its munchy time...hummmmmam trying to hold out til dinner but guess I need a snack. Lets see...
  • beamer62
    Options
    Wow...has it really been a month?...Yesterday was good. Today?...Well, I have a picnic to go to. Wonder what yummy stuff they will have that I shouldnt eat. /sigh