Hunger Pains

Options
Lula16
Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
You have that funny feeling in your stomach and it starts to rumble. Your parents told you those were hunger pains and you think "uh oh i better eat something quick".

Fortunately, most people will never experience hunger pains. A hunger pain is not like having a headache in your stomach. What you are having are only feelings-hunger feelings.

Make a fist and looks at its size. Your fist is approximately the same size as your stomach. How much food do you eat? Is it enough to stretch your stomach out three or four sizes?

When your stomach tries to shrink back to its normal, natural size, it makes those funny noises and produces those feelings. Those noises can be a healthy sign that your stomach is shrinking! HOORAY!! You should celebrate, not work against your stomach, stuffing as much into it as you can! (Dr. Bob Schwartz)

Replies

• CorrieV1976
    CorrieV1976 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    You have that funny feeling in your stomach and it starts to rumble. Your parents told you those were hunger pains and you think "uh oh i better eat something quick".

Fortunately, most people will never experience hunger pains. A hunger pain is not like having a headache in your stomach. What you are having are only feelings-hunger feelings.

Make a fist and looks at its size. Your fist is approximately the same size as your stomach. How much food do you eat? Is it enough to stretch your stomach out three or four sizes?

When your stomach tries to shrink back to its normal, natural size, it makes those funny noises and produces those feelings. Those noises can be a healthy sign that your stomach is shrinking! HOORAY!! You should celebrate, not work against your stomach, stuffing as much into it as you can! (Dr. Bob Schwartz)

LOOOVE THIS!!!!
  • kimberly702
    kimberly702 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!!
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Excellent post... I was told that the noises can also be your stomach working (digesting food). :drinker:
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Thank you - that is really awesome information. I had no idea...I look forward to hearing those sounds again soon - :tongue:
  • winneau
    winneau Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Excellent to keep in mind, thanks!! :smile:
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Great post! Thanks for sharing.