Hey All

Options
I'm another newbie....:smile:

I've used the iphone app for a little over 2 weeks and starting using the website a week ago. Downloading the app was one of the best things I've ever done. I started running last September, with a goal of completing a 1/2 marathon. I never intended to lose weight. But, I've run two and started shedding lbs.

I'm still running 12-16 miles a week and have plateau with my weight loss. I decided I wanted to run faster and complete several more half marathon, so now I'm watching my food intake.

This tool has been incredible so far.

Aloha everyone.

Replies

• skibrina
    skibrina Posts: 36
    Options
    great job on running!!! my goal is to run a half marathon as well. i have a ways to go. but that is my goal. welcome aboard. i am sure you will like the support here. feel free to add me as a friend!!! sabrina
  • sdeplao
    sdeplao Posts: 2
    Options
    I just completed my 1st 5k ..
    when I started to run a few months ago I couldnt run for 1 min!
    Great job ! keep it up !!
  • stephank50
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. The hardest part of a half marathon is getting started. But, it is totally doable. I never ran much before I started training for them. The first beginners workout was a 3 mile run. I couldn't even run a mile. It took me three weeks before I made the 3 mile run without stopping. It took me about 45 minutes (which is a really brisk walk).

Almost a year later, I can run the same 3 miles in about 30 minutes. My best time ever is 30.08 miles. Almost 15 minutes faster. I feel pretty empowered by the experience. There are some great online tools that can help you get started. Let me know if you are interested.

Steve

P.S. I'm from Oregon, Eugene but moved to AZ 3 years ago.