Breakfast Ideas!

Options
Right folks - i LOVE my breakfast and could eat cereal for a living, BUT i feel it hard to control my portion size on this so I am looking for some other breakfast ideas.

Happy for a mixture of v convenient and easy to cooking something as I can vary it on days depending on my work etc.

THANK YOU!

p.s. still fairly new here and if anyone wants to add me as a friend that would be lovely :blushing:

Replies

• christinaburns
    Options
    I love a slice of whole wheat toast with a little bit of peanut butter on it, with yogurt on the side. I don't like big breakfasts, so that's just about perfect for me. :)
  • ahd22
    ahd22 Posts: 3
    Options
    I love smoothies for breakfast...or peanut butter on a piece of whole wheat toast. The portion size may seem small but it does fill you up and is a great start to the morning!
  • messy_jessie98
    Options
    I love my breakfast too. Normally I have the same bloody thing everyday....Special K, Almond Milk and Peaches. Ya I would love some ideas too. And feel free to add me if you like, lgwhizz.
  • mycatas
    mycatas Posts: 20
    Options
    I like a packet of instant oatmeal, because the size is limited by the package. I often add fruit to make it more filling.
  • lindalou0703
    lindalou0703 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I like yo crunch 100 calorie yogurt, I am not a big breakfast eater. I also tried light wheat bread with sugar free blackberry preserves.
  • thunderfan09
    thunderfan09 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had four scrambled egg whites for breakfast today, which came out to be about 68 calories, and it was so filling! Just have to find what works for you :)
  • karikariboberry
    karikariboberry Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    eggs!
    poached eggs on toast
    scrambled eggs with veggies
    spinach omelette
    frittatas

non-eggs:
    toast w/pb and j
    cereal
    oatmeal
    yogurt and granola
    fresh fruit with cottage cheese
  • mel4395
    mel4395 Posts: 18
    Options
    Fiber one has a new 80 cal. cereal out now. its pretty good.
    also: Ham and egg breakfast sandwich
    1 bagel thin - 110
    egg substitute - 30
    canadian bacon - 60 ( I get the ones that are 3 slices for 60)
    2% cheese - 45
  • mom2boys
    mom2boys Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Check out Hungry Girl.com. She has a cookbook (I bought it on Amazon for $15). It's called 300 recipes for under 300 calories. She has TONS of breakfast ideas. I especially love the pizza pizza egg mug! This book has saved me on wondering what's for breakfast, I LOVE this book. I don't think without this book, I could have lost as much as I have!
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I like to make myself an "egg McMuffin"

scramble an egg in a coffee mug and microwave it so it has a round patty shape. Make a sandwich using the egg and a Morningstar Farm soy sausage patty on a whole wheat english muffin. Add cheese if you want, it's not bad!
  • BArdovino78
    Options
    i have one packet of instant oatmeal (lower sugar) every morning. on the weekends i have scrambled eggs (2 eggs with a tablespoon of water) and i microwave them....super quick! :)
  • Dcass100
    Dcass100 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am not a breakfast kind of guy but the frozen turkey sausage and egg on wheat muffins are good quick and omly 280 cals or so. Good Luck. The puffed brown rice is a great lo cal cereal and is only about a dollar a bag with only 70 cals. Good Luck
  • mrdavidjk
    mrdavidjk Posts: 105
    Options
    i looked at all the different cereals, i thought muesli was supposed to be healthy, but when your limited to 1200 calories a bowl of muesli knocks 400+ calories. now i have a bowl of cheerios with semi skimmed milk @ 170 calories
  • DRJJ2004
    DRJJ2004 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Depending on my mood, I do:
    An egg sandwich w/one piece of bread
    cottage cheese w/fruit..and a little bit of sweetner & almonds
    I love a good smoothie
    1 pc bread w/low cal peanut butter & 1/2 banana
    1 egg w/tons of veggies...onion, peppers, celery
    oatmeal w/apple & dried cranberries

But that's just me! :O)
  • rf1170
    rf1170 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Try soup for breakfast! You could reheat some leftovers from the night before for an easy meal, or whip up something simple if you have more time. My all-time favorite breakfast is egg drop soup, which you can make in under 10 minutes. I always have chicken stock and eggs on hand, so it works for me. During the summer I've been having cold soup (cucumber-yogurt is good, and I'm planning to make some gazpacho when the tomatoes come in), but the possibilities are endless. If you have an immersion blender, you can make soup out of just about anything!
  • lgwhizz
    lgwhizz Posts: 65
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

Going to check out this hungry girl cook book as ive already seen it mentioned here.

I like the whole wheat toast idea but dont like peanut butter. How does honey fair in this? I know it must have lots of sugar in it but could it be an option?

I like eggs, so gonna try them out.
  • aleyten
    aleyten Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm not sure what you like...but you can get the 35 or 45 calorie bread (which tastes great by the way) and use egg beaters (we buy kirkland brand cheaper at Costco which also tastes great) and make french toast (you can always add cinnamon & truvia if you'd like for added flavor.) Just the egg beaters with or without toast is also delicious. Eggo cinnamon toast waffles are 100 calories each and that is a quick breakfast. Or if you like yogurt...I like the 50 calorie Fiber One Key Lime Pie flavor. Add a little ground flax see and it's like adding crust to the pie.

I'm sure I could come up with more, if you like any of these.

Good Luck & let me know if you liked any of these ideas or if you like them.

: )
  • rankailie
    rankailie Posts: 144
    Options
    I asked a similar question yesterday and was given a couple great ideas. The one that I tried last night and ate today was pretty awesome.

Basically its a muffin made of egg cooked in a muffin pan in the oven. Its down right simple, portable and tasty.

Recipe (I halved the recipe I found online)
    6 eggs
    6 tbsp shredded cheese
    6 tbsp chopped onion
    6 tbsp chopped mushroom
    seasoning of your choice, I recommend against salt.

Preheat the oven to 375.

Line a muffin pan with paper liners for six muffin cups and spray with cooking spray, you can also use silicon muffin cups and spray those with cooking spray.

Inside each muffin cup layer, if you choose to add a meat add it first, then the veggies and some cheese ontop. Do this for all six muffin cups.

Beat the eggs like you would for scrambled eggs in a bowl add the seasoning you desire and mix. Pour the eggs into the muffin cups filling most of the way full.

Put it in the oven and cook for 15 minutes. Check them. cook for another 10 minutes or until it starts to brown on top.

Store in the fridge and nuke for about a minute in the morning and eat.
  • abbysmommy1
    abbysmommy1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I like to make scrambled egg breakfast cups (for the exact recipe, look up South Beach breakfast cups)- I mix eggs with chopped onion, spinach, mushroom and/or red bell pepper and some extra sharp cheddar, feta or parmesan (high flavor content requires less to have the same taste) Somtimes, I'll add Jimmy Dean turkey sausage crumbles. Bake them in a cupcake/muffin tin at 350 for 25 minutes. I've found that if you use silicone baking cups or ramekins, they come out better. The great thing about these is that they keep for a couple of days and can be reheated in 20 seconds in the microwave. They taste great and because of the eggs and veggies are filling. Even better - you can have 2 of them for about 250 calories :happy:
  • EMc4452
    EMc4452 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    OATMEAL!! The real kind...its really filling and you can add different flavors everyday. Its good to start the day with good carbs and it will keep you focused and satisfied. Some good ingredients to add are: ground flaxseed, wheat germ, any fruit, PB, protein powder, greek yogurt, milk, nuts....endless really.