Elliptical Trainer Suggestions

douglaswiener
douglaswiener Posts: 6
edited 12:17AM in Fitness and Exercise
We are looking at purchasing an Elliptical Trainer. Costco and our local Sports Authority have many varieties however I'm not even sure what to look for when purchasing. Is there a good or bad name out there or what's the high end brand vs. the low end and what are the major differences. (I'd like to stay in between the $700 - $1000 price range if possible)

Can anyone made any recommendations on what to look for or if you've purchased a reasonably priced machine that you would recommend?

Thanks in advance for any and all information.

Replies

• kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    bump
  • d_llopez
    d_llopez Posts: 167 Member
    I have a pro form it's nothing fancy but I love it. It has a fan and the typical cal, time, etc. I paid about 600 for it. I have a prop up area on it and I use it for books or put my laptop vertically on it. Drink holder is impt too. I love mine and use it every other day. Good luck on your purchase.
  • Texas501
    Texas501 Posts: 274
    Look on Craigslist for your area. There are a lot of people selling their "barely used" machines and you may find a machine with all the bells and whistles at about the third of the price for a new one! Good luck. I personally bought a WESLO machine that I am very happy with!
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    I got a Nordic Trac on Craigslist for $100. It was a steal! I have used it almost every day since I have had it
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    I had a proForm and if it had worked properly I would have been happy. There was something wrong in the alignment (It made a loud clunking on one side) and so they sent a repair guy out to look at it. And the console would eat up the 4 C Batteries in less than 3 days. The repair guy ordered some parts and the company sent me a new console and a complimentary adapter for my trouble. 3 months later the parts the repair guy had ordered still hadn't arrived. I gave up and returned the whole thing. The service I received from the manufactuer were less than desireable.
  • Koketa0510
    Koketa0510 Posts: 80
    Bump
  • YellowStrawberry
    YellowStrawberry Posts: 89 Member
    I LOVE my Gold's Gym 595. Has what I needed without it costing an arm and a leg.
This discussion has been closed.