Halloween Candy Strategy....

Options
So, my 4 year old's Halloween candy is kicking my butt! Here's my plan for it - any time I want even 1 piece of candy I have to have a full bottle of water or an apple (we went apple picking so we have a TON of apples) before I am allowed to eat it. Also, I was thinking about portioning up his candy into a reasonable amount for him to eat each day, once the bag is empty no more candy for him that day, plus I can get rid of the stuff he doesn't like/won't eat so it won't hang around the house.

Anyone else want to share how they are dealing with the Halloween candy in their house?

Replies

• cupcake568
    cupcake568 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    So, my 4 year old's Halloween candy is kicking my butt! Here's my plan for it - any time I want even 1 piece of candy I have to have a full bottle of water or an apple (we went apple picking so we have a TON of apples) before I am allowed to eat it. Also, I was thinking about portioning up his candy into a reasonable amount for him to eat each day, once the bag is empty no more candy for him that day, plus I can get rid of the stuff he doesn't like/won't eat so it won't hang around the house.

Anyone else want to share how they are dealing with the Halloween candy in their house?
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    We hid our daughters. She is 2 and when she sees it that is all she wants and will throw a fit. If I don't see it I almost forget its there. The portioning sounds like a great Idea.
    Good Luck
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    we don't have kids, but we do have candy left over from the trick or treating. for me its easy, I am making my fiance take it to work with him. That way he gets to snack on it and I don't have to be tempted. I did have my fair share of candy on halloween night though, Ffelt really sick... ya not doing that again. lol.
  • kenkraft
    kenkraft Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    We either throw it away or take it to work. That settles that...
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I gave out quarters!!!

Was so proud, went to the office and there on my desk is a BIG bag of all my favs! It turned out they were from a vendor, so without hurting anyone's feelings I put them in the lunch room!

(~~~~~~~~i did sneak a SMELL of the hershey's chocolate bar~~ mmmmmm)

Ok, I am back now. Did great NO candy this year!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    And don't forget, friends, that it has been said before......

it really is okay to throw certain kinds of food OUT!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    And don't forget, friends, that it has been said before......

it really is okay to throw certain kinds of food OUT!

lol. When I first started I watched this show on TV where the 2 docs went thru their fridge and pantry and threw out 100 dollars or more of food. They asked if they should donate it to a soup kitchen, he said NO it isnt good for THEM either.

That has always stuck in my head. Son #1 brought home chips, they didnt even hit the table before making their way to the trash bin!
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    A mom who means business!:laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    A mom who means business!:laugh:

:angry: lol:laugh:
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    My hubby boys ate all the leftovers - well, hubby ate most of it :grumble:
    He's not doing his waistline any good, but hey, mine is coming along nicely :happy:
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I gave out quarters!!!

Was so proud, went to the office and there on my desk is a BIG bag of all my favs! It turned out they were from a vendor, so without hurting anyone's feelings I put them in the lunch room!

(~~~~~~~~i did sneak a SMELL of the hershey's chocolate bar~~ mmmmmm)

Ok, I am back now. Did great NO candy this year!
    Good for you! I can't say as though I was that disciplined. I mean, I originally gave myself a pass for a free-for-all on friday night...which ended up extending into Saturday night. Oh well. Not going to lose sleep over it. But I wish my willpower was as good as yours. This is a THIRD of what I'm tempted with

311qipt.jpg

Yah, this is ONE child's worth...there's two more you can't see!! :sad:
  • cupcake568
    Options
    I thought about taking it to work or throwing out some of it, but it isn't mine (which is why I shouldn't eat it either). I would feel bad letting the little guy go out and collect it then getting rid of it. I do plan on sending a bunch of it over to grandma's house so he can have it when he is there...that way it won't be in my house and he can still have some
  • cupcake568
    Options
    FYI - no candy for me today (so far!)