Woman addicted to weight lifting

Options
I'm looking for some friends that are as interested in weight lifting as I am.. I'm not looking for people who "workout" i'm looking for woman who are seriously into weight "training". The type that goes to the gym 5 or 6 days a week and main focus is on muscle gains not necessarily weight loss. I just feel it would be nice to have more woman on my friends list that I can get advice form or learn from as well as share my own advice.

Replies

• End6ame
    End6ame Posts: 903
    Options
    There are a couple of females doing StrongLifts 5x5. There is a forum group here for it.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/221178-stronglifts-5x5
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm into weight lifting, been training for just over a year solidly. Strength is my main focus, although I'm trying to gain more muscle at the moment to help that, eating at a surplus and seeing how that goes for me :D I train at the gym around 3x a week at the moment, do P90x at home on most of the other days.
    Hope to compete in PL competitions sometime in the future so working towards that.

Heidi
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    You already know I am :)
    Week 2 of Jamie Eason's program in full swing here!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I do Crossfit 3-4 times a week and additional strength training another 2. That's all I do. You can add me!
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I do CrossFit also, 5-6 days a week for now. I also try to get in a 3+mile run daily. Feel free to add me! =)
  • suprfast
    suprfast Posts: 49
    Options
    You already know I am :)
    Week 2 of Jamie Eason's program in full swing here!

Jamie Eason...Now she is something else.

Another to look at(not a big namer like Eason is a body builders that goes by the name "Built"

Look around she has a nice workout setup that is all about weights.
    http://builtblog.wikidbody.com/2007/04/11/pasty-white-in-the-gym-november-2006-end-of-cut-pix/
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I'm already your 'friend' but I as you know I'm so into lifting - am on stage 4 of NROLFW.

A few months ago I changed my focus from 'weight' loss to fat and inch loss, much better :-)
  • Original_Eve
    Options
    I'm looking for some friends that are as interested in weight lifting as I am.. I'm not looking for people who "workout" i'm looking for woman who are seriously into weight "training". The type that goes to the gym 5 or 6 days a week and main focus is on muscle gains not necessarily weight loss. I just feel it would be nice to have more woman on my friends list that I can get advice form or learn from as well as share my own advice.

Count me in. I used to be in really great shape and was at the gym about five times a week. Now I am keen on getting back to where I was.