Does calorie counting really work?

Options
13»

Replies

• CorgiGal90
    Options
    That's me right now! I just started counting and such and I gained weight! How frustrating!
  • CorgiGal90
    Options
    Do you have to eat back the calories you burn during exercise?
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    According to your profile you have very few pounds to lose so the final pounds will be very slow. The walking is probably more important with so few pounds to lose. You will tone up, get stronger and fitter which is much more important than a couple or three pounds.
  • jamielu81
    jamielu81 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think calorie counting is the only way to do it! When I track with My Fitness Pal I do awesome!!!!
  • AestheticStar
    AestheticStar Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    It does help, at least it has for me. I never used to watch how much I ate for meals (usually try to make the highest calorie count for breakfast), & then dwindle down by evening so I'm not overloading myself. But I usually burn over 1,200 calories six days a week, but I try to keep my food intake to 1,200 like it's supposed to be, or I go a little over.
    I've lost 7 pounds in four months, even though I'm on a 2 pounds a week..(it just doesn't work that way for me haha).
    It might take time to see the pounds come off, 'cause mine seems to take at least the whole month to get two pounds off, but I'm also packing on muscle, which can cause that to happen. Maybe doing a little more increased cardio to burn off the fat, it can help to burn off the pounds.
    I only had ten pounds I wanted to lose, & it always seems those ten are the stubborn ones.
  • AestheticStar
    AestheticStar Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Do you have to eat back the calories you burn during exercise?

I never eat them all back.. If I did, I'd be going over 2,000 calories since I exercise so much. I eat maybe 200-400 of them back, if that. I try not to.
  • MsSarahMurphy
    Options
    You might be putting on weight because you are gaining muscle. Muscle is heavier than fat.