What is your highest calorie meal of the day?

Options
I'm just curious when everyone eats the most calories? My dinners are the highest for me, usually about 500-600 calories. If you eat more than 3 meals a day...give me a time frame of when you think you eat the most of your calories.

Replies

• karenkwalker
    karenkwalker Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I eat pretty much 300 calories for B, L and dinner, and then leave 300 for some snacks or room for error in the food log. I have low blood sugar - so much better for me to keep it steady - also then I don't get really hungry and tempted by fast food or unhealthy snacks or something.
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    my evening meal tends to be my biggest calorie intake...it's when i have the most time to sit back and enjoy it...evening meal is usually between 500-600cals
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    dinner is about 300 to 400 other meals are 200 to 300 and the rest is to snack with.
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    Breakfast
  • Jackie_Snape80
    Options
    Usually dinner for me. I always push off my calories/eating so much that I have plenty to spare at the end of the day XD
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Usually my breakfast is the largest unless I know I'm going out to dinner, I'll make dinner the highest.
  • Jess3kids
    Jess3kids Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Typically dinner for me. I try to keep breakfast to 100-150 and lunch around 300 or so. I also have a few snacks throughout the day and hit 1200 pretty regularly (if not a bit over).
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Breakfast!
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I think I hit about 500 calories on that alone today.
  • jah7700
    jah7700 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Dinner is typically my biggest meal of the day during the week. Between breakfast, lunch, and snacks I usually only eat about 600 calories. So when I get home, I still have 1200 to eat not taking into account any exercise I do during lunch.

During the weekend it varies. I try not to eat too much differently as my weekday pattern typically has me fiending for food as it gets later in the day.
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    It used to be dinner.. always.. never failed! Since I've been eating 5 meals a day now, I stick to 200-300 cals for EACH, so one meal is never much larger than the next. It's been working for me :)
  • kallen02
    kallen02 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have found it better to eat the most calories in the morning so you can burn them throughout the day and give your metabolism the boost in the morning that it needs. I used to eat most of mine at night but I have found that eating more for breakfast and less at night is more beneficial to my body. I eat 5 times a day. two snacks around 200 cal ea then 400 breakfast 300 lunch and 300-350 dinner. It just depends on how much you have to eat a day though. this is just what I do to make sure I dont go over or eat to less.
  • Larius
    Larius Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I do 5 meals a day. The biggest is lunch eaten around 11am, which includes a protein shake with my workout.

1: 250-350 Kcals
    2: 700-800 Kcals
    3: 50-150 Kcals
    4: 300-400 Kcals
    5: 200-400 Kcals
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    My breakfast and dinner are about the same calorie wise and lunch is the big one. Plus, I have a few snacks during the day.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I usually snack throughout the day, but the majority of my calories are in the morning/early afternoon. My dinner and evening calories are probably a fourth of my total for the day.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    It's a tie between lunch and dinner, mainly lunch since sometimes I dont have any leftovers and have to scour around for 'healthy fast food'. But dinner in our apartment usually has quite a bit of carbs..
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    I try for lunch- it's sort of a Spanish model of eating, and they sure are hot! In all seriousness though, I don't really make time to eat a lot in the AM, so by lunch I am ready- I run after work, and after good burn, I am not usually very hungry. It works for me! Also, more room for beer.

Room for beer.... I like you! beer is good, mmmkay