is pizotifen to blame for my weight gain?

Options
I started MFP in Jan and weighed 58kg, I managed to get down to 55kg in a matter of weeks which I was over the moon about. It is now July and i weigh 62kg!
I suffer from cluster headaches/migraines and was prescribed pizotifen in Feb. I am eating the healthiest I have ever eaten, only drink water, im exercising daily and I have a very active work day but still the weight is coming! its getting me down and i've only just thought of a link between the two. sure enough its a side effect!! (im a bit embarrassed to admit that as im a pharmacy technician!! oops ;0))
I'm wondering if anyone else having the same trouble or am i just using it as an excuse? thanks for reading and sparing your time xx

Replies

• CaptCombat
    Options
    Nikki, While pizotifen is reasonably effective,its use is limited by side effects, principally drowsiness and weight gain
  • MyhillMadness
    Options
    Ask your doc for another med? / Could you try to wean yourself off of it, and would perhaps your improved healthy eating and exercising have improved your headaches naturally?

good luck!
  • nikki2609
    nikki2609 Posts: 128
    Options
    im thinking i might come off them for a while as i have alternative medicines to see me over until i can see my GP for an alternative. im gutted i never thought of it before :0( thanks peoples xx