This sucks!!!

Options
I'm on this mealplan since 2 weeks, I'm very strict with it. Since I also exercise every day, I have to add calories. This really sucks, if I do this it will increase the carbs and sugar and I'm not loosing any weight. I've gained 1.5 pounds. So, adding calories is not a good idea, I will delete this webpage, I don't believe it's helpful it's confusing.
I'm really mad about the weightgain.

Replies

• Zwerg
    Zwerg Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm on this mealplan since 2 weeks, I'm very strict with it. Since I also exercise every day, I have to add calories. This really sucks, if I do this it will increase the carbs and sugar and I'm not loosing any weight. I've gained 1.5 pounds. So, adding calories is not a good idea, I will delete this webpage, I don't believe it's helpful it's confusing.
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    it isn't just about losing, it is about doing it the right way and being healthy while you lose so that you don't have to "diet" for the rest of your life. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It is hard to say why you gained without moreinformation, perhaps with exercising you gained muscle but lost fat. Sometimes when you start doing it the right way, you will gain a bit, because your body is not used to being fed regularly, so it is storing everything you are giving it in preparation for the starvation mode. Once it realizes that you will continue to feed it regularly, it relaxes and lets go of some fat :) Too bad you don't like it here, 99% seem to.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    1.5 pounds could happen any particular day--especially in women, who are prone to weight fluctuations of up to 5-7 pounds on any given day. Exercise can also cause weight fluctuations. I've gained and lost as much as 3-5 pounds overnight due to exercise.

You only want to lose 8 pounds anyway--could be you don't need to lose at all but just tone. If you don't like MFP--sorry. It's help me and lots of others but without more information from you, we can't help.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    when you only have 8 lbs to lose, it will come off VERY slowly. When you excercise everyday you do need to fuel your body to be successful in that. Take care to also track your measurements. You may be building muscle mass while losing inches. You really have to be patient. Our bodies flucuate in weight up to 5 lbs each day! This results from water, food and waste weights.

Again, with only 8 lbs to lose, the process will be very slow. Probably only a lb or so each month! Be patient, relax, and try to not be so strict with yourself. Think of it as a liffestyle change and you will be more successful.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    so blame the webpage? :noway:

(okay-- I'll shut up-- I'm cranky today-- :grumble: )
  • josie1557
    Options
    I'm with you...it takes time to see the difference. And the weight fluctuations can definitely seem hazardous. I only weigh myself once a week on the same scale, same day, in the morning...that's when I see progress. If I weighed myself every day, I would probably be horrified and discouraged also. I only wanted to lose 8-10 lbs also. I used to just cut back on my eating and that used to work......20 years ago! I don't know how old you are, but our metabolism changes also. Please don't give up! I've found the methods offered on this site to be very successful if I'm honest about everything that goes into my mouth.....for example...I just had some eggbeaters and veggies...not to bad, eggbeaters are only 60 calories for 1/2 cup...veggies are virtually free....BUT I used 2 tbsp of margarine. How surprised was I too see that it added an extra 200 calories! Normally I would have blown off counting the margarine because it seems inconsequential, but like I said, if I'm honest about everything I use, it definitely makes a difference. Now I have about 500 calories left for the day and it's only 2 pm! Oh well, I'll have to use them wisely I guess.
  • DjBliss05
    Options
    I think the confusing part is trying to mix MFP with a strict meal plan. They probably contradict each other in places.

I tend to think that MFP is a realistic lifestyle change and a strict meal plan just isn't.

If you are looking for a long term change, then you should reconsider your decision.
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options

How could you really know if it's working or not after only 2 weeks? Be patient and give it more time. As for the gain, maybe you weren't eating enough to begin with. Maybe now that you are, your body needs to nourish and straighten itself out before it sheds the pounds the proper way...by burning mostly fat instead of muscle, which is not what happens when you restrict too many calories.

Why don't you tell us what you find confusing about this site? Personally, I think it's the easiest and best one yet!
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I have only been on MFP for a month and though I have only lost three pounds so far I have lost 2 inches off my hips. I'll take it...sorry you are so discouraged.
  • ericarey85
    ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    i agree with DjBliss05, also i went for almost 6 weeks without losing weight but i lost inches.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options

Hey I thought the same thing, and I'm in a great mood. :laugh:

It's not about scale weight. It's not about creating a huge deficit by exercising a ton and barely eating. It's about educating yourself and choosing a sustainable, healthy, balanced lifestyle.
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options

If increasing your calories increases your carbs & sugar, maybe it would help you to take a look at your overall diet, because it doesn't have to! There are lots of healthy ways to add calories (think lean proteins, nuts, low fat cheese, vegetables) that will contribute to your health and nourish your body so that it can let go of the little bit of weight you have to lose.

I hope you'll reconsider! :flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Options

Whew-- :noway: Okay, I thought it was just me. :huh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

Whew-- :noway: Okay, I thought it was just me. :huh:
    noooooooope:drinker:
  • Marla64
    Options
    47b20s0.gif

I was worried.
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Zwerg
    Zwerg Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi, I'm not blaming the webpage. I've lost 15 pounds so far on my own, just wanted to loose 6 more pounds not gaining weight! I'm very athletic, very activ, I know about healty lifestyle etc. and I know what to eat. But adding calories doesn't make sense to me. This will increase the protein, fat, sugar and carbs in the diet. If I have 300 cal. left for the day and I've already eaten breakfast, lunch, dinner and 3 snacks, what else is there to stuff myself with?
  • Marla64
    Options
    what else is there to stuff myself with?

How much time do you have? 146fs495919.gif
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm not blaming the webpage. I've lost 15 pounds so far on my own, just wanted to loose 6 more pounds not gaining weight! I'm very athletic, very activ, I know about healty lifestyle etc. and I know what to eat. But adding calories doesn't make sense to me. This will increase the protein, fat, sugar and carbs in the diet. If I have 300 cal. left for the day and I've already eaten breakfast, lunch, dinner and 3 snacks, what else is there to stuff myself with?

Food, hopefully. :laugh:

You can selectively increase a certain macronutrient by choosing the 'Goals' tab and then changing your goals to meet your needs. Or you can give your body time to adjust to this slight increase--your metabolic rate may change, you may gain some muscle mass, or you may stay in the same place, or gain a small amount and then lose it as your hormone levels change to better support fat loss.

You can gain or lose 3-4 lbs in a day, so scale weight really isn't the best way to gauge your progress.
  • vanessadawn
    Options
    I can understand a little bit because I always find having calories left over at like 8 or 9 at night, like today I had 500 calories left. but its mostly my fault for not eating my calories during the earlier part of the day when I actually need the energy. must plan ahead! :smile: