Hi there! Newbie here!

Options
First of all, this picture of me is not what I look like now, it's my goal to look like this again so I figured I'd use it as motivation every time I log on. I'm excited to have found MFP, its so much easier than counting calories myself! I do have a question though for any veterans here. This morning I inputed my breakfast which contained one tablespoon of natural peanut butter, according to the calorie/fat gram counter, it said that there were 75 grams of fat in one tablespoon! How can that be when it clearly says there are only 16 in one serving? Does MFP make such errors often, or perhaps I am making the error, I just don't understand this number. If anyone has an answer I'd love to hear it, if not, I'll continue to plug away at this weight loss and I look forward to sharing it with the MFP community! Thanks

Replies

• rachel512
    rachel512 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    First of all, this picture of me is not what I look like now, it's my goal to look like this again so I figured I'd use it as motivation every time I log on. I'm excited to have found MFP, its so much easier than counting calories myself! I do have a question though for any veterans here. This morning I inputed my breakfast which contained one tablespoon of natural peanut butter, according to the calorie/fat gram counter, it said that there were 75 grams of fat in one tablespoon! How can that be when it clearly says there are only 16 in one serving? Does MFP make such errors often, or perhaps I am making the error, I just don't understand this number. If anyone has an answer I'd love to hear it, if not, I'll continue to plug away at this weight loss and I look forward to sharing it with the MFP community! Thanks
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    a lot of food is added by members, and sometimes they are entered incorrectly, if you know approximately what the values are, choose another brand or type, and you can usually find a right one.