Miracle Noodles

Options
Anyone hit the little link on the side of some of these pages for "MIracle Noodles"? I did. And just bought the variety pack. I mean, c'mon! No fat, no cals, no carbs, no nothing and still a NOODLE??? Sign me up! Anyone tried them? Any good??

Replies

• sd101483
    sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Are we talking Shirataki noodles? I tried them and they weren't bad - rinse them REALLY REALLY well and then I just cooked them in the microwave as directed. Def dry them well, too - overall, I liked them!
  • wanetam
    wanetam Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have tried Shirataki noodles, I hope I spelled that right. They are about 20 cal, no carbs no fat for 1 serving. They taste different than regular noodles, but they are a great idea when you are close to your cal goal. I buy mine at T&T supermarket, which is an asian grocery store. I think they are the same thing.
  • StephanieBridge1281
    Options
    Are we talking Shirataki noodles? I tried them and they weren't bad - rinse them REALLY REALLY well and then I just cooked them in the microwave as directed. Def dry them well, too - overall, I liked them!
    I did not like them at all. I didn't like the texture.
  • suse75
    suse75 Posts: 33
    Options
    when you cook them, can you add flavor like buollion or veggies?
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    The sharitaki noodles are good, but follow the directions because they smell aweful coming out of the package. However, they taste like whatever you are going to put on them and they are filling.:bigsmile:
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Read my blog about Shiritaki (Miracle) noodles!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/FaugHorn/view/shirataki-noodles-116653
  • klabeau
    klabeau Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Yes, I thin most people try to boil them. Follow directions and the are okay, just ok!
  • Ericanikki
    Ericanikki Posts: 198
    Options
    They made me terrribly and horribly sick to my stomach.
  • amsky
    amsky Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    They made me terrribly and horribly sick to my stomach.

They stalled my weightloss for 2 days 2 months ago...BUT I ate them last night and lost 1.5 lbs this am at WI from the day before ..I like them enough to continue eating them!
  • roselover58
    roselover58 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Do they have wheat? I would like to try them, but wheat ties my stomach into knots. Not a pretty picture.
  • johnsykes1035
    johnsykes1035 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    They don't have wheat but do have some yam flour. My wife and I love these noodles. Where else can you get 80 calories at only 2 net carbs except in high fat meats? I also think part of the answer to making the best of these noodles is to dry them after the parboil.
  • amsky
    Options
    They don't have wheat but do have some yam flour. My wife and I love these noodles. Where else can you get 80 calories at only 2 net carbs except in high fat meats? I also think part of the answer to making the best of these noodles is to dry them after the parboil.

Miracle Noodles have ZERO calories .
  • Autumn1206
    Autumn1206 Posts: 126
    Options
    Definitely dry them after the parboil. That seems to kill most, if not all, of the smell. I can see how some folks might not be able to get past the texture. They're a little bit more al dente than what most of us are accustomed to. Very good stuff though, unless like our friend above, you have a tummy that is sensitive to the proteins in tofu which is a real bummer.
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options

Miracle Noodles have ZERO calories .

The yam flour noodles have some calories.
  • RangerSteve
    RangerSteve Posts: 437
    Options

This is correct.

If anyone is going out to buy some, keep in mind that some versions have calories (usually between 20-40 per package) and some are zero cal.

Either way, rinse them well...unless you like the weird smell.
  • lemonadem
    lemonadem Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of these before? Is there anything redeeming about eating them, or are they just a substitute for eating real noodles?
  • FaugHorn
    Options
    I've never heard of these before? Is there anything redeeming about eating them, or are they just a substitute for eating real noodles?

Very very high in fiber - other than that they're redeeming because you aren't eating regular carb-full noodles :)
  • lemonadem
    lemonadem Posts: 398 Member
    Options

Very very high in fiber - other than that they're redeeming because you aren't eating regular carb-full noodles :)

Thanks! I was just curious... Didn't know if they has something positive about eating them (like fiber!) or if they were just an alternative to eating the other noodles.
  • FaugHorn
    Options

Thanks! I was just curious... Didn't know if they has something positive about eating them (like fiber!) or if they were just an alternative to eating the other noodles.

I've heard some people actually complain about how much fiber there is...if you eat a lot of it...ya get my drift :embarassed:
    Another good thing is that they actually continue to expand after you've eaten them so you feel really full for a long time
  • amsky
    Options

This is correct.

If anyone is going out to buy some, keep in mind that some versions have calories (usually between 20-40 per package) and some are zero cal.

Either way, rinse them well...unless you like the weird smell.

MIRACLE NOODLES HAVE NO CALORIES WHATESOVER... This is from miraclenoodles.com ..

The Miracle Noodle Low Down* made of naturally water soluble fiber with no fat, sugar, or starch.
    * contain zero net carbohydrates and zero calories, no gluten -made of a healthy natural fiber called Glucomannan.
    * wheat & gluten free and kosher.
    * Easily absorbs the flavors of any soup, dish, or sauce.
    * are instant and come in a variety of styles
    * have shown beneficial effects backed by medical studies for Type II Diabetes, Constipation, Obesity, and Cholesterol!