Heart Monitor

Options
I would like to get a heart monitor to assist in letting me know how many calories I'm burning but I'm having a hard time choosing one. Anyone have any suggestions on the easiest most precise one to go with, where I can change the batteries on my own without messing it up?

Replies

• Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Polars are great. I own a Polar FT4 and it's pretty amazing. I haven't had to change the battery yet, so I'm not so sure on the latter part. You can check out amazon.com and search for the kind you'd like. I got mine for less than $70.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    i am on the hunt as well. Right now I have an old Iron Man watch with heart rate monitor (chest strap). Its about 4 years old and the HRM isn't working properly. It just goes to 240 and stays there. I changed the battery and re-set and still not working. So it might be just old.

I am considering another IronMan one OR Polar OR Garmin. I don't know much, but I do know the chest strap ones are the most accurate (from what I hear).
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the straps have a more accurate read than the watch itself. The strap sends the feed to the watch, so it all works out.
  • epetoak
    epetoak Posts: 2
    Options
    I just got a Polar FT7 and love it! Did some research before buying. This one was $109 pretty much anywhere unless you order from some random discount website and then you pay shipping and such as well. From what I understand, if you want one that does distance (for runners) go with a Garmin variety.
  • upinthecosmos
    upinthecosmos Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Thanks all... I went with another Polar (the FT7) through Amazon cause little did I know... I had enough reward points to cover the full price WOOT!
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I just got my Polar FT4 yesterday. I used it already today. It was very easy to get started.