I cheated!!!!

Options
Ok so last night was my first night in 2 and a half weeks to cheat. When I say cheat I mean way over my calories.:sad: I never go over my calories but once I started I couldn't stop. I worked out yesterday but that only put a dent in the damage I did. I knew I was going to regret it later like this morning and of course I do. I wish I didn't feel so bad about cheating but I feel like I threw my whole weight loss off for the week. I got up this morning and went to the gym and burned more calories then usual and of course I'm back on track. Does anyone else ever feel just awful when they have a really bad cheat day?

Replies

• usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Ok so last night was my first night in 2 and a half weeks to cheat. When I say cheat I mean way over my calories.:sad: I never go over my calories but once I started I couldn't stop. I worked out yesterday but that only put a dent in the damage I did. I knew I was going to regret it later like this morning and of course I do. I wish I didn't feel so bad about cheating but I feel like I threw my whole weight loss off for the week. I got up this morning and went to the gym and burned more calories then usual and of course I'm back on track. Does anyone else ever feel just awful when they have a really bad cheat day?
  • ericarey85
    ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    i wouldnt feel guilty- we arent depriving ourselves of the good stuff just in moderation- just eat right within your calories today-- hell i had chinese food (crazy calories) and had my hand in the candy bar yesterday (alot)--
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Going off kilter every so often isn't going to blow two weeks worth of discipline. It's all in your head. Please don't lose heart -- get back in the saddle and write it off!
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Yah, a cheat day now and then is NOT going to ruin your efforts or make you gain 10 pounds! If anything, I think it momentarily tricks our metabolism! Good job on going over 2 weeks with good nutrition, though! You'll be right on track before you know it! :smile:
  • DjBliss05
    Options
    I personally believe that we NEED cheat days once in a while... to boost your metabolism and to maintain sanity!

That being said... I find it hard to do that and get right back to it the next day. My internal dialogue goes something like, "Well, I did so bad last night that it really isn't a big deal if I go over on my calories by 100 today... at least it isn't like it was yesterday." or on a really bad day "I'm gonna be fat forever anyway... bring on the pizza!"

The way I look at it now is that I am changing habits. If 1 out of 7 days are bad, I'm still changing my habits overall. Maybe, as I get better at learning this new way of eatting, I can decrease that to 1 out of 14 days. Overall, I am hoping to be able to manage the rough days better, have less of them, and feel less defeated when I don't do well.

Good for you for hitting the gym the next day! :flowerforyou:
  • lnwolfs
    lnwolfs Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I went over my calories by 500 yesterday because we went out to Applebees for dinner and I didn't do the exercise I had planned because the weather was nasty. So, today and tomorrow I am not eating my exercise calories (or just a few of them) to make up the difference. No big deal...that is part of managing your new lifestyle. It's not about being perfect. It's about budgeting your calorie "bank account". If you had to buy something that you hadn't planned for but had to have, you'd make adjustments in your other spending. Do the same thing with your calories. You have already started that process today by working out a little more. Be proud of yourself!!!
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel.

I thought i'd cheat a little on Friday (Halloween) and that I would be okay with it. Well, I went over my calories by almost 600! I promised myself that I would workout a minimum of 1 hr cardio + Yoga the next day. Well, the next day I didn't feel good and spent most of the day sleeping and was under my calories. Today I decided I was going to get back on track. I did exercise... but man! I could tell if I hadn't it would of been REAL EASY to just go back to my old ways.. SCARY!:devil:
  • ErinRNinMaine
    Options
    I personally believe that we NEED cheat days once in a while... to boost your metabolism and to maintain sanity!

That being said... I find it hard to do that and get right back to it the next day. My internal dialogue goes something like, "Well, I did so bad last night that it really isn't a big deal if I go over on my calories by 100 today... at least it isn't like it was yesterday." or on a really bad day "I'm gonna be fat forever anyway... bring on the pizza!"

The way I look at it now is that I am changing habits. If 1 out of 7 days are bad, I'm still changing my habits overall. Maybe, as I get better at learning this new way of eatting, I can decrease that to 1 out of 14 days. Overall, I am hoping to be able to manage the rough days better, have less of them, and feel less defeated when I don't do well.

Good for you for hitting the gym the next day! :flowerforyou:
    That's a great way of looking at things!
  • ErinRNinMaine
    Options
    I forgot to mention, in my nutrition class in nursing school the instructor told us that we really needed to be more concerned with a 3-day overall picture. So maybe one day you go way over on your fat, but the next day you are way under. If you only eat one veggie one day, but eat 8 servings the next then you are fine. So I think the whole 24-hour thing is overrated and really puts too much pressure on us.
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks everyone for your support. I wish I had only gone over like 5 or 600 like some of you but it was a lot more then that. I am not stressing about anymore though. Today is a new day and I am right on track.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks everyone for your support. I wish I had only gone over like 5 or 600 like some of you but it was a lot more then that. I am not stressing about anymore though. Today is a new day and I am right on track.
    :drinker: