Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hummus Flavors

Ok, so I bought hummus because I see some of my MFP pals eating it. I totally should've asked this question before shopping because the Roasted Garlic flavor was NOT a wise choice :sick: My breathe is now stinky and I'm suffering through this awful after taste :frown:

If you're a fan of hummus, what are they tasty flavors?

Replies

• datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    the garlic one :) ... hahahaha... gum gum gum!
  • sharidiane
    sharidiane Posts: 212 Member
    Pretty much all of them. But, if you're new to hummus, the 'original' in a lot of the brands is quite good. red pepper is yummy as well.
  • kaaatielove
    kaaatielove Posts: 248 Member
    I love original hummus & also some brands of roasted red pepper. :)
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Roasted Red Pepper is by far my favorite! I've tried the garlic before and I hated it. But I eat the red pepper one almost daily. The Sabra Red Pepper is the best!
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    I had that for lunch but just the regular one... I like the garlic one too...
  • JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    roasted red pepper, spinach, artichoke, pinenut, jalapeno. They are all good! try making your own!
  • cdevine10
    cdevine10 Posts: 102 Member
    Trader Joe's Jalapeno and Cilantro hummus is the best hummus I have ever had!!
  • Roasted pine nut... soo yummy!
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    The Athenos Spicy 3 Pepper!! YUM!....but they'll all give you stinky breath. Make sure you have a toothbrush or plenty of gum on hand...
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    I recommend roasted red pepper hummus, so good. I also really like Tribe's forty Spice hummus and Sabra's Spinach and Artichoke hummus. Not too into garlic hummus either.
  • alwaysenl
    alwaysenl Posts: 197 Member
    The roasted red pepper by Sabra is my favorite! No aftertaste at all...it is sooo good :)
  • missjaiy
    missjaiy Posts: 58
    WOW! I didn't realize hummus was so popular! To all the garlic lovers...you all have a strong stomach :laugh:
  • MrsBrosco
    MrsBrosco Posts: 295
    ROASTED RED PEPPER!!!!!!!!!!! My absolute fav is Cedar's Brand Roasted Red Pepper, yummmmmmm-o! With Stacy's Simply Naked Bagel Chips!
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Roasted Pepper or Spicy Pepper. I think all hummus has garlic.? Garlic is great, if everybody you meet in your life, had it for dinner last night also ;)
  • RachelT14
    RachelT14 Posts: 266 Member
    The normal flavour or one with herbs and lots of lemon in it are my favourites
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Roasted Pine Nut definitely! I love garlic but most of them are just way too much! I did try mixing the garlic hummus with the roasted red pepper and that's pretty durn yummy!!!
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    I love the roasted garlic and chive flavor from whole foods

it's not too garlicky or anything
  • missjaiy
    missjaiy Posts: 58
    Red Peppers seems popular! I'm nervous though. Maybe I can sneak a taste test prior to purchase :wink:
  • likeaphoenix
    likeaphoenix Posts: 54 Member
    For me, a long time hummus person, I just find the Sabra SO much tastier (and therefore perhaps better for a newbie). The reason it tastes better: more oils. Which is NOT so great since we're watching calories, but it's still not really bad, and a VERY satisfying tasty snack. 70 calories for 2 tablespoons. For me, almost all of the Sabra flavors are good.

The other brands are a more traditional, more chick-pea-y hummus. But not as DELICIOUS.

Best wishes! (splurge on hummus on wheat thins, or spread it on celery or a romaine lettuce leaf :love:
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Red Peppers seems popular! I'm nervous though. Maybe I can sneak a taste test prior to purchase :wink:

If you're very new to hummus you might start with "original", or the pine nut flavor. They're both very mild flavors.
    I'm actually planning to "make my own" this weekend!!