EA Active 2

Options
Is anyone else doing the EA Active 2 9 week challenge. I am starting week #2 and its already kicking my butt! Would be great to have some people who are also doing it and around the same spot in the challenge. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• kiwi1855
    kiwi1855 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I just finished my second go through of the 9 week program on medium, and today I'm starting it on hard... definitely continues to kick my butt each time!

I've been procrastinating putting the difficulty to hard, but I think it's time to change up my activity level a bit, so hard, here I come!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Im doing it,im on week 3 of hard. I want to get some hand weights thought because I dont like the resistance band
  • fateschild
    fateschild Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am currently getting near the end of phase one. I have done the cardio kick start a few times now. This is my favorite workout program. I use hand weights too. Sadly I am not ready for hard. Working my way up to though.
  • jenny_91
    jenny_91 Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm using that its very good but I have noticed that my knee is starting to kill when I do squats, probably because I never did any sort of exercise before.
  • jabbogurl
    jabbogurl Posts: 193
    Options
    Im doing it,im on week 3 of hard. I want to get some hand weights thought because I dont like the resistance band

That's all I've been using is hand weights. I think it works better because there are some things were it was too easy with the bands or it was too difficult and I knew I was doing it wrong.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options

That's all I've been using is hand weights. I think it works better because there are some things were it was too easy with the bands or it was too difficult and I knew I was doing it wrong.

I almost pulled down my celing fan once because my band shot out from under my foot and caught on one of the blades lol
  • jabbogurl
    Options
    I'm using that its very good but I have noticed that my knee is starting to kill when I do squats, probably because I never did any sort of exercise before.

Make sure when you do the squat that your knee doesn't go past your front toe, that can cause your knee to hurt. My knee was hurting a little from the running I do outside and I noticed that this is helping me build additional muscles in my knee, so it actually hurts less now.
  • missjaiy
    missjaiy Posts: 58
    Options
    I just finished the Cardio Kick Start. I wear my Polar FT7 HRM in addition to the arm HRM. EA actually underestimates my calories burned by more than 100+ points.
  • jenny_91
    jenny_91 Posts: 23
    Options

Make sure when you do the squat that your knee doesn't go past your front toe, that can cause your knee to hurt. My knee was hurting a little from the running I do outside and I noticed that this is helping me build additional muscles in my knee, so it actually hurts less now.

Yeah I can usually do the first few but then I can't really keep the right shape. Does anyone else find it hard to keep the right positions?
  • kiwi1855
    kiwi1855 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I just finished the Cardio Kick Start. I wear my Polar FT7 HRM in addition to the arm HRM. EA actually underestimates my calories burned by more than 100+ points.

I use my sportline HRM as well during workouts, as I found it underestimates the calories burned as well. However, I guess it's better to underestimate calories burned than overestimate!
  • jabbogurl
    Options

I use my sportline HRM as well during workouts, as I found it underestimates the calories burned as well. However, I guess it's better to underestimate calories burned than overestimate!

Thats good to know it can underestimate. Sometimes I'm doing something and I know the game isn't registering right, so I end up doing twice as many and it says its barely a burn. I'm like, what?! LOL! For some reason my foot fires don't register right, only registers every other one maybe
  • jabbogurl
    Options
    Did my workout last night and apparently the leg sensor battery was almost dead, so it wasn't registering a lot of exercises. There was a lot of running, but all my avatar would do is slowly walk. LoL. I just counted on my own for a lot of leg exercises and then selected skip exercise. Sure, the trainer yelled at me, but after doing 180 foot fires, it only said I did 5!
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I feel that EA Active 2 always underestimates my calories burned. I am dying during a hard workout for 1 hour and it says I only burn 293 cal. Than seems so low. I dont have another heart rate monitor to assess my calorie burn. Anyone have any other suggestions?