dishonest people

Options
Hey everyone. Sorry ,but fuming and just have to vent a little. My roomate who i thought was like my brother, just left this morning to go to iraq as a contractor for two years, making $100,000 a year tax free. He has known for three weeks he was leaving and said he talked to the realtor and had the rental agreement all set up and that we were keeping the house, so he would have a place to come back to every four months for ten days and didn't have to store his belongings in a storage unit while he was gone, but we had to pay the four months in advance. I agreed and gave him my half of the rent for the four months $2,400 dollars cash. When I got home from work this morning. The house was completely packed up and he was gone. I awoke to the realtor asking for the keys. The realtor said my roomate had not paid the rent and told him that he was leaving today, so he had someone else renting the house. He gave me two days to be out because he understands that i am working this weekend and my so called best friend never even told him that I was living there and never gave him the paperwork i signed to be put on the agreement. Hard lesson learned I guess. I cant stand dishonest people. Once again just had to vent. Thanks every one.

Replies

• nichols
    nichols Posts: 240
    Options
    Hey everyone. Sorry ,but fuming and just have to vent a little. My roomate who i thought was like my brother, just left this morning to go to iraq as a contractor for two years, making $100,000 a year tax free. He has known for three weeks he was leaving and said he talked to the realtor and had the rental agreement all set up and that we were keeping the house, so he would have a place to come back to every four months for ten days and didn't have to store his belongings in a storage unit while he was gone, but we had to pay the four months in advance. I agreed and gave him my half of the rent for the four months $2,400 dollars cash. When I got home from work this morning. The house was completely packed up and he was gone. I awoke to the realtor asking for the keys. The realtor said my roomate had not paid the rent and told him that he was leaving today, so he had someone else renting the house. He gave me two days to be out because he understands that i am working this weekend and my so called best friend never even told him that I was living there and never gave him the paperwork i signed to be put on the agreement. Hard lesson learned I guess. I cant stand dishonest people. Once again just had to vent. Thanks every one.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Wow that really sucks...so sorry you had to experience that and I hope and pray that you will get this straightened out soon. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    That's awful! I hope everything gets worked out. It's terrible that people can be so thoughtless.
  • danarochelle
    danarochelle Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    All I can say is Karma!!!!:wink:

Hang in there! :flowerforyou:
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    How terrible! I had a horrible roommate and we had money issues last year, but geez, nothing compared to that!

I agree, KARMA will get him. People who do stuff like that end up paying for it one way or the other.
  • sebaseth
    sebaseth Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    That really sucks. .......What ever you do, don't let it get you so down that you revert to food. You do not want to gain back any weight that you have lost.
  • Robin_
    Robin_ Posts: 105
    Options
    So sorry that your ex bud is a jerk. Maybe you can check Craigslist in your area and find a room for rent for the time being. Good luck to you:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    What a peice of crap. I cant BELIEVE people actually do things like that! I gave a 'friend' of 20+ years $3000 to bail our her kid and they disappeared.

Ok-so we are both on the sucker list!

I hope you find a better place with better people!

:heart: j
  • DjBliss05
    Options
    Wow, that is really terrible.

Hope you get back on your feet soon.

:flowerforyou:
  • RandaBear04
    Options
    That is really terrible - good luck, I hope things get better. :flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    229.gif

Simply unbelievable. What scum-- :noway:
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry that happened to you!! :frown: :angry: He will get what's coming to him sometime or other.... try not to let your anger toward him eat you up & hurt you ....
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Glad you came 'here' to vent Nichols!HUGFriend-1.gif You're among friends!:drinker:

I'm not so sure I can add much more than what everyone else already has... except I'm sorry this happened to you:noway:

Do you have local friends in the area you can bunk with while you sort out this whole mess?
  • nichols
    nichols Posts: 240
    Options
    Thank you every one for understanding and putting up with my venting, and yes fitness:smile: i have plenty of places to stay. I actually gave my house to my little brother before moving in with my so called buddy, but as soon as i told him, he started moving out to go live with my parents for a little while to give me back my house. Difference between blood brothers and friends. I just dont like living in that house since that was mine and my ex's for so long and the memories still hurt. Stupid I know, but she broke a big heart. Once again thank u all.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Thank you every one for understanding and putting up with my venting, and yes fitness:smile: i have plenty of places to stay. I actually gave my house to my little brother before moving in with my so called buddy, but as soon as i told him, he started moving out to go live with my parents for a little while to give me back my house. Difference between blood brothers and friends. I just dont like living in that house since that was mine and my ex's for so long and the memories still hurt. Stupid I know, but she broke a big heart. Once again thank u all.
    yea....blood does seem to be thicker.....:heart:

What a cool little bro you got there!:drinker: Apparerently he gets it from somewhere:drinker:

ahhhhhhhhhh NO movin back into your former house & feelin abit uncomfy with the whole situation DOES NOT sound stupid in the slightest....

been there done that on the heart break .....I couldn't stay in the same home either....so I do get where you're coming from there.

and I know it's the principle of what your 'buddy' did that's the biggee here..... lotta money and left you in a lurch, and that's just plain not a friendship you need!

I'm glad you have a place to live....when you get your head back on straigh a bit after this new whirlwind crazyiness...perhaps it'll be time to look for a place new to you....to leave the past behind:heart::drinker:

Hang in there my friend....keep your workouts/food in control and even if the whole world around us tumbles we know we have control of something...something we can control. Much in this world we can't sadly...

I so feel for you........Big Sister Hugs from me Nichols!!:heart:HUGFriend-1.gif