from your personal experience

Options
I am 5'26 female.My BMR is 1300 cals.I can't control my hunger any more. My heaviest weight was 148lbs. My ideal weight is 120-125lbs. I went down to 137 ( a year of daily trademill 1 hr walks) and past 2 months I've gained back to 142. I still do my daily walks and 2-ce a week zumba+ yoga classes. I stoped entering my daily calories and discurraged...
Did you ever fell off the vagon? what helped you to get back?

Replies

• natalie1
    natalie1 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I am 5'26 female.My BMR is 1300 cals.I can't control my hunger any more. My heaviest weight was 148lbs. My ideal weight is 120-125lbs. I went down to 137 ( a year of daily trademill 1 hr walks) and past 2 months I've gained back to 142. I still do my daily walks and 2-ce a week zumba+ yoga classes. I stoped entering my daily calories and discurraged...
    Did you ever fell off the vagon? what helped you to get back?
  • DjBliss05
    Options
    It has always helped me to take a serious look at where I went wrong. Was it because my goals were unrealistic? Was there something emotional going on that I needed to pay more attention to? Was I following a "diet" instead of making long term changes?

If you can look back at what happened, you can avoid those mistakes in the future.

It is also a good idea to remind yourself of why this is important to you. It is difficult to stay on track at times and you need to be motivated to do that.

You have done this before and can do it again! :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I have never been the type of person to put one toe in the water....both feet-jump in, thats me.

I have been logging my food ever day, even the bad ones. I log all my exercise religously.

I have lost 23 pounds (17 since june 15th)

If you work this program, and have patience, it WILL work. It is not a quick fix. I have used them before and gained it all back + 20 percent more.

SO good luck, plug on. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • lnwolfs
    lnwolfs Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Natalie - All I can tell you is I have lost this same 25 pounds many, many times. What brought me back this time is that the last time I lost it, I threw away all of my "fat" clothes. I came back because all of my clothes were getting so tight and I vowed I would never buy a bigger size again.

I can only hope that this time will be the last time. I say it will be everytime I get my weight down. This is the first time I have been really good about logging my food and definitely the first time I have been so committed to exercising 5x per week. I started counting my calories 8/24/08 and have been exercising regularly since then also. I feel like it is now habit. On my rest days, it bothers me alot to not exercise. I hope this is a sign that I am changing my lifestyle.

I am glad you are back.
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Maybe it is the type of food you are choosing when you restrict your calories. Some research into the most filling foods for your calories would help, my calorie intake is around 1650 - 1700 (when I exercise) and I am never hungry. If I don't exercise it is ony 1300, and I do tend to get hungry sometimes with it that low, so it motivates me to exercise. I consistently take off about 1/2 pound per week, slow but steady.
  • LuvinLife
    LuvinLife Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Natalie - All I can tell you is I have lost this same 25 pounds many, many times. What brought me back this time is that the last time I lost it, I threw away all of my "fat" clothes. I came back because all of my clothes were getting so tight and I vowed I would never buy a bigger size again.

I did the same thing. I threw away all my "fat" clothes, too. Also, I started to look at this like why I quit smoking and don't ever want to go back to it. It was just too hard to quit. I keep reminding myself how hard it has been to lose this weight and I don't want to go back. I really can't afford to buy bigger clothes again either.

I have been in a real rut myself lately and have gained back about 6 lbs. I completely understand where you are. I don't want to get back up in to the 160's so I am regaining my motivation.

Think happy thoughts!!! You can do it!!
  • lnwolfs
    lnwolfs Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I can only hope that this time will be the last time. I say it will be everytime I get my weight down. This is the first time I have been really good about logging my food and definitely the first time I have been so committed to exercising 5x per week. I started counting my calories 8/24/08 and have been exercising regularly since then also. I feel like it is now habit. On my rest days, it bothers me alot to not exercise. I hope this is a sign that I am changing my lifestyle.

Ok....I jinxed myself. As soon as I said this, I fell into old habits. I have had a few very disappointing and stressful events in my life in just the last few days and that was enough to throw me off track. I haven't been good about my exercise or diet for several days. I am back on plan now though and recommitted.

I think it is so important to not expect ourselves to be perfect. It is an unrealistic expectation that sets ourselves up for failure. If you haven't been as committed as you could be, make a choice to recommit.