Newly Pregnant and looking & looking for serious fitness fri

Options
Hello,

I am looking for some other ladies who are looking to stay fit during their pregnancy! I just found out I am pregnant. I am just starting my fifth week and want to be one fit preggo mamma! This is my fourth pregnancy and I have worked out through some and I have not worked out and let me tell ya working out makes you so much stronger during labor and delivery. Anyway all welcome, let's eat well and talk babies!

Replies

• ewegner
    ewegner Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to get pregnant soon and would love to be fit and active throughout my entire pregnancy! And share ideas on continuing to eat healthy! Please feel free to friend me! :)

Liz
  • jpease84
    jpease84 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm newly pregnant too-about 7 weeks. I definately want to stay in shape and it would be great to have someone else to talk to that is pregnant as well. This is my 2nd child, my daughter is 14 months old. I'm trying to figure out how this program will work with being pregnant-as I am loosing about a pound a week and now wondering if this is ok :) Jamie
  • oklanoue
    oklanoue Posts: 33
    Options
    Well I am not pregnant but thought I would tell you Congrats on the upcoming new little one!
  • oklanoue
    oklanoue Posts: 33
    Options
    Talk to your doctor...they will give you the best advise when it come to this...

Other will just give you their opinion but keep in mind the baby and your health should come first and you know your body the best just listen to what it is telling you! And congrats!
  • ElizabethRN59
    ElizabethRN59 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • Andrea_Alexis_1980
    Andrea_Alexis_1980 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Congratulations =)
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I think I'm about 6 weeks preggo. I've been doing bodyrock.tv workouts for about a year and they were
    great. They are high intense interval. I can no longer do them at my max I have to be able to carry a conversation
    while I do it. So I do these workouts with variation for my pregnant self. (like no sit ups, no high knees, jump rope etc.)
    I can lift the weight Ive used so far (12 pound sandbag) and no more than that. If you havent worked out you can probably
    walk and swim, light impact aerobics It cant be anything harder than what ur used to. I' m thinking of walking but I'll do it in my second trimester. I'm finding hard to eat back my exercise calories cause I'm so nauseous.
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'm newly pregnant too-about 7 weeks. I definately want to stay in shape and it would be great to have someone else to talk to that is pregnant as well. This is my 2nd child, my daughter is 14 months old. I'm trying to figure out how this program will work with being pregnant-as I am loosing about a pound a week and now wondering if this is ok :) Jamie

Now that you're pregnant you're not supposed to diet to loose weight anymore. If you ask your doc you'll find out that
    you need to maintain and have a healthy slow gain. Not sure how much each week (I'll be asking that in my next appointment). But anyway the first weeks some preggo women end up loosing weight anyway with food aversions.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    First of all, congrats to all. That said, safe weight gain or loss is actually going to be dependent on whether you're already overweight and by how much. On average, you're supposed to gain about 15 lbs over the course of your pregnancy, but women who are already heavy don't necessarily have to and can even benefit from losing weight. Remember, too, that your body will put your baby first, so you'll generally feel negative effects of something before it will hurt your baby. Talk to your doctor, though, as only you two will know what's safe for *you.*

That said, yoga and bellydance are awesome for pregnancy. Yoga is a great, low-impact, adaptable way to maintain strength, endurance, and flexibility. Bellydance is a great cardio workout that also works the core and is pretty much specifically meant for preparing the body for labor. I recommend checking out prenatal versions of both.
  • bekahjk
    bekahjk Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hello to everyone! Thanks for all the warm congratulations!!!!!! Congrats to all you ladies who are newly preggo! I have been doing Turbo fire for awhile but since finding out I am pregnant have stopped doing those high intensity workouts as well. Doing chalean extreme. Just continuing weight lifting and cardio. Looking forward to getting to know all you ladies.

I have been finding a hard time myself to eat. I am just feeling so sick most days. If I do feel like anything it's usually not anything good. Trying to get myself to eat healthy and drink lots of water in this heat.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I have been finding a hard time myself to eat. I am just feeling so sick most days. If I do feel like anything it's usually not anything good. Trying to get myself to eat healthy and drink lots of water in this heat.

Hah, good luck with that. When it comes to morning sickness, it's a strict see-food diet - you see food that doesn't make you want to throw up, you eat it! While it is a good idea to try to eat healthy, don't beat yourself up if all you can manage to eat is pickles and salt and vinegar potato chips. Remember - something is better than nothing (and generally, having an empty stomach makes the morning sickness even worse).
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    congrats on the pregnancies! i hope to be joining you soon. :)

there is a group for keeping fir during your pregnancy here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/278743-fit-fabulous-and-pregnant-july-2011?hl=fit+pregnancy+july

and here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/290418-pregnancy-july-2011?hl=fit+pregnancy+july
  • bekahjk
    bekahjk Posts: 74 Member
    Options

Hah, good luck with that. When it comes to morning sickness, it's a strict see-food diet - you see food that doesn't make you want to throw up, you eat it! While it is a good idea to try to eat healthy, don't beat yourself up if all you can manage to eat is pickles and salt and vinegar potato chips. Remember - something is better than nothing (and generally, having an empty stomach makes the morning sickness even worse).

Ha ha, this made me laugh! this is so true about the "See-food diet" That's exactly how I feel. Thanks for the encouragement!!!!!
  • Pieces_of_Me3
    Pieces_of_Me3 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey! Just found out I'm 6.5 weeks preggo :) My husband and I got married last August and were planning on "starting" to try to get pregant after the year mark but what a lovely surprise! This is my first babe and I want to be the healthiest I can be for me and my baby. Any advice is welcome since I have never done this before :) Congrats to all the pregnant mamma's out there!