My journey meets the 1 year mark! (w/pics)

Options
newsammy11
newsammy11 Posts: 75 Member
Today, July 19th, marks the 1 year point in my ongoing weight loss journey. In this last year I've discovered things I didn't know existed, that I couldn't do and now can do, or even the will power within me. One word I saw repeatedly as I started was "courage". It took a lot of courage to admit and accept that I had a weight problem. My problem was everyone I surrounded myself with accepted me, never once casting a judgement; at least not to my face and I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt. I don't want to say that this was the main reason for my eating disorder because it is never one thing but it never gave me the reason to look at what I was doing to myself, what was happening.

I had to do this for me & I told myself there would be no excuses or easy ways out! So with my twin sister Nikki at my side. We both trudge through a year journey (so far) of highs and lows; good results and heartbreak but not once did we ever give up. Motivation from MFP members, family members, friends, and our own innuendos gave us the strength to push forth through Thanksgiving, Christmas, News Year Eve and even some 21st birthday parties. I'm done with being "that fat girl".

I'm not going to blab too much because I know Nikki (ntracey17) has already posted her results and gave the summary of our journey as well but I wanted to share with you my results because I'm just too damn excited! So *drum roll* my 1 year results are!

70lbs gone! Wooo!
(280 down to 210)

Picnikcollage-1.jpg
(if you are a hockey fan, feel bad for Eric Tangradi please.. haha)

With that, I'd like to thank everyone who has showed me support, and I truly mean this I could not have done it with out you. Not only have countless of you touch my heart but you have saved my life.

Never give up because you are worth it.

Replies

• mkaluzny
    mkaluzny Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Buy something new; go to a park, mall, or concert so you can show off that wonderful healthy glow that you are rocking. You are an inspiration.
  • marzymay
    marzymay Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    that's AMAZING. great job! You look beautiful girl. U do have a glow!
    And honestly you do NOT look 210. U rock it awesomely.
    Congrats!!
  • ckoerperich
    Options
    You look great. You should be very proud of yourself.
  • newsammy11
    Options
    thank you all (:
  • PayShi
    PayShi Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    It's really GOOD for me to see that you could accomplish so much. Congratulations! And keep up the good work. Message me what you guys did along the way if you don't mind. :)
  • newsammy11
    Options
    It's really GOOD for me to see that you could accomplish so much. Congratulations! And keep up the good work. Message me what you guys did along the way if you don't mind. :)

Definitely will! :)
  • alslau02
    alslau02 Posts: 64
    Options
    Congrats! I am an identical twin as well, but I was the 165 pound one while she was 125. It great that you did this together!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!