What motivates you?

Options
I have been logging for 30 days now! Yay!

Confession: The last 4 days have been bad. The only thing I can say is I have logged honestly and continued the next day with best of intentions- that unfortunately failed. I'm so disappointed in myself!

Anyone else lose their motivation? Where did you find it? I can't seem to find where I misplaced it?!?!!!!

How do you deal with these things?

Replies

• dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Friends on here motivate me. And also getting a healthier life motivates me. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like.
  • Julijulz
    Julijulz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Just sit down and think about why you are doing this in the first place...I have found myself rebelling on so many days. There have been days when I just want to stay home and sit on the couch in front of the tv. The gym just seems like too much at times. And those are the days when you should fight the hardest. Here is something I've done to help motivate me. I made a list of why I want to lose weight and become a more healthier person and posted them on my fridge with a chunky picture of myself. LOL I know it seems like alot, but I found that to be one of the most motivating things to do for yourself in desperate times. :D
  • babydraco269
    Options
    My motivations have time limits and I'm very competitive with myself. I have to lose 50 pounds by Halloween or I dont get my sexy halloween costume. I've already promised the loverboy he'll see me in a sexy halloween costume, so I guess I better hit my goal, huh?
  • KeepOnMoving
    KeepOnMoving Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I lose my motivation often. My husband is a gourmet eater and cook. I have to remind myself not to eat like him or I will re-gain the 18 lbs lost, which was the 18 lbs I gained after marrying him. LOL! I am happy where I am at now. I sometimes wear tight clothes to remind me that I could not be able to wear these anymore.

I go on this website to read other successive stories. It makes me happy and it reminds myself why I try to to be my best.
  • winodini
    winodini Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Friends are great modivators; sadly, I can't find any that will stick with it.

I am trying to keep my food logs, and on nights when he can come, my boyfreind walks the miles with me.

Right now, I have a one year goal that I am working towards and I'm working on sticking with it.
  • dstrbdangel
    Options
    i am kind of losing my motivation at times too,but for me I start thinking that I want to get thin(back to prepregnancy weight) so i can wear skinny clothes again and feel good about myself.I dont wanna let myself down cuz i know i can do it!we also want to have another baby one day but im not gonna get preg being fat already lol.for me i added up the pounds i want to lose (80).what made me sick was when i added the weights of both my toddlers together i only cam up to 60lb.... wth???? im dragging around 3 extra kids on my body???hell no! lmao
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    The fear of getting full blown diabetes has MADE me make changes. When I pay more attention to keeping my blood sugars down, I
    lose weight. I've had to cut out most plain white carbs, and processed sugars. It's not easy, this is my 3rd time up for 'loser"!! And, hopefully the final. I have to. Best of luck to you!!
  • MeredithRN
    MeredithRN Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Just sit down and think about why you are doing this in the first place...I have found myself rebelling on so many days. There have been days when I just want to stay home and sit on the couch in front of the tv. The gym just seems like too much at times. And those are the days when you should fight the hardest. Here is something I've done to help motivate me. I made a list of why I want to lose weight and become a more healthier person and posted them on my fridge with a chunky picture of myself. LOL I know it seems like alot, but I found that to be one of the most motivating things to do for yourself in desperate times. :D

This cracked me up! I think I will have to try it :-D