Always over the daily calories

Options
According to my profile I'm suppose to eat 1260 calories daily, however, I go over. I watch everything that I eat and always cook my own meal. I use very little oil and when i do I use the most 1 tbsp of olive oil. I eat mostly salads and put oil in vinegar instead of the store bought dressing. As for protein I eat about 4 oz or the size of a deck of cards of it and very little carbs.

I do exercise 4 times a week but I haven't lost any weight but I'm not sure how to reduce the amount that i eat to stay within the limits of 1260 daily calories.

Any ideas as what to do? How little do I have to eat and be satisfied to loose the 20lbs that I'm overweight.

your feedback is really appreciated.

Replies

• weightlosssw
    Options
    how tall are you?
  • HotMamaByVday
    HotMamaByVday Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Open your food/exercise diary so we can look at it. ;)
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Can't help unless you open your diary.
  • ashton0703
    ashton0703 Posts: 12
    Options
    BUMP.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back your exercise calories? If not, maybe you need to (that extra might be what it takes to get you over the plateau).
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Olive oil alone is 100 cals per TBS and high in fat...even though its the healthy kind. I cut back on this and my weight dropped some....also how high of a cal burn are you getting when you workout? You should eat some of those back.
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Today you are close to your goal. It looks like overall you're meals are pretty healthy. If you want to eat more start exercising. Building muscle will help you burn calories.
  • CDRhom
    CDRhom Posts: 9
    Options
    Are you sure you are actually using tablespoons of olive oil? An eating spoon is not a reliable measurement, nor is eyeballing it. Get out the measuting cups and spoons and actually measure your portions and then make sure you are recording the correct amount.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    And what has been the result of this always going over? How long have you been doing it? Maybe 1400 calories is a better number for you. What is your week goal set to?
  • HotMamaByVday
    HotMamaByVday Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    You are over by the olive oil.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    It's not just the olive oil, it's the portions of your sides. You don't need a cup of rice, a half cup should do. Bananas are one of your highest sugar and therefore calorie fruits and you're having one every morning, cut it back to a half of one or chose a different fruit (black berries are in season and very low). Make sure that you're using a kitchen scale and measuring cups and actually measure everything. Verify your calorie count on foods, I've never met an 80 calorie steak. You're eating large meals and little snacking, are you sitting down starving? If you want to eat more, there's nothing wrong with that, but earn it in the gym. Be honest with yourself . . . I went back nearly 2 weeks and saw very little logging, unless you put it in your diary (food and exercise) how can you be sure what your intake/out put is? how are you estimating your calorie burn? If you can afford one and don't have one, get a hrm with a chest strap, it's the most accruate way to estimate calorie expenditure. And water, drink it like your life depends on it.
  • run4life21
    run4life21 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    thanks a lot for your comments. I really just started using this tool this week but found that meeting the 1260 daily calories was difficult. I guess I have to cut back on portion size and exercise more.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I think that your menus look delicious and healthy! Try using a teaspoon rather than a tablespoon of olive oil if you want to cut back. I find that a teaspoon goes a long way, and LOVE eating a couple of teaspoons of EVOO daily.
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    thanks a lot for your comments. I really just started using this tool this week but found that meeting the 1260 daily calories was difficult. I guess I have to cut back on portion size and exercise more.

I think you probably need some more calories per day -- 1260 is not a lot, and if you're working out, you need to eat those calories back. Plus, you just need some patience. With not a lot to lose (relatively) it's going to be slow. Hang in there!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

It took me a month to adjust my portion sizes . . . man was that a bitter month . . . I was unemployed at the time and started working out like it was my job just to eat until I figured it all out.