3 Day Super Diet - Thoughts?

Options
I decided to try this 3-Day fad diet to drop a few pounds really fast. It says you can lose 10lbs in 3 days doing this ... I know it sounds horrible and all that - but trying it just once can't hurt right?
so - weigh-in on Day 1: 142.4

Tuesday July 19, 2011 ~ Day 1 done and I wasn't hungry at all
Wednesday July 20, 2011 ~ Day 2
Thursday July 21, 2011 ~ Day 3

Friday July 22, 2011 ~ Final Weigh-in:

Replies

• rosadona
    rosadona Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    ...what is it?
  • Sunny_Lexie
    Sunny_Lexie Posts: 114
    Options
    What kind of diet is it? never heard of it!
  • Seanb_us
    Seanb_us Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Generally, those things aren't regarded well around here, but keep us posted and I wish you all the best!!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    It will most likely just be water weight, you know that, right?
  • califigureeight
    Options
    What is it?
  • MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    im sorry but if you're dropping 10 lbs in 3 days, all you are losing is water. unless you're extremely obese it's very difficult to drop more than 2 lbs of fat in a week. yes, bodybuilders and fitness models all lose ten lbs, sometimes more, in the week before a competition. and they'll be the first one to tell you that all they do is dehydrate themselves. any diet that makes a claim like that is not just a fad, it's a scam. I know i'm supposed to be all supportive in the forum, but there are no quick fixes when it comes to weight loss. good nutrition and exercise will do it every time, just not as quick as we'd like. I'm sorry to say but the minute you go off the diet and resume any kind of normal eating and drinking, your body will rehydrate itself and you will most likely gain the weight back.
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    to lose weight and keep it off you need to make a permanent lifestyle change. eat healthy and exercise regulary, cliche but its true
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    never heard of this either, and I have heard it all lol, what is this?
  • brittanybee07
    Options
    Likely "fad diets" are called that for a reason. It is likely that you will drop water weight or muscle mass and in either case as soon as you eat normally again you will gain that weight back. My best advice is to avoid it all together and spend a little more time at the gym one day this week. Just hang in there, I know we would all like quick results but weight loss is hard and it DOES take time. =)
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Sounds like 3 days of dehydration - Day 4 drink water and it's all back. That would crush my spirits so it's not worth it for me.

Keep to the healthy way. You can do it! :)
  • jamontagne
    jamontagne Posts: 115
    Options
    I know it will probably be water weight - but I actually have issues with water weight so ... I don't know 10 lbs is 10 lbs to me :bigsmile:
    I don't plan on doing it over and over again, just this 1 time to jump-start my weight loss and see some results! I've been on MFP watching what I eat and exercising for 6 weeks now and only lost 2 lbs so far. :grumble:

Anyway - it's 3 days - how much damage could it really do? What's the worse that could happen - I don't lose any weight?
  • jamontagne
    Options
    And you are supposed to drink 8-10 glasses of water throughout the day so I'm not so sure on the dehydration thing
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I know it will probably be water weight - but I actually have issues with water weight so ... I don't know 10 lbs is 10 lbs to me :bigsmile:
    I don't plan on doing it over and over again, just this 1 time to jump-start my weight loss and see some results! I've been on MFP watching what I eat and exercising for 6 weeks now and only lost 2 lbs so far. :grumble:

Anyway - it's 3 days - how much damage could it really do? What's the worse that could happen - I don't lose any weight?

The damage is going to be psychological when you gain all "10 pounds" back on the 4th day.

I'm not trying to be mean or negative, just realistic.
    You will do what you want, but since this is a site for fitness&health, most of us probably won't support a fad-diet.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    I know i'm supposed to be all supportive in the forum, but there are no quick fixes when it comes to weight loss. good nutrition and exercise will do it every time, just not as quick as we'd like.

lol, being supportive doesn't always mean you agree with what is being said. it's telling the truth. but yeah if we could loose 10lbs of fat and sustain it in only 3days then i'd love that, but don't expect that. . . not worth it. stick with things that are sustainable. don't starve yourself today, and gorge yourself tomorrow.
  • hwjssc
    hwjssc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have done this diet in the past and I did lose 7lbs..I just was REALLY hungry the last two days
  • cindyleilani
    Options
    I am interested and knowing what the diet is. I do the master cleanse and usually in three days I will drop about ten lbs... of course it could be water weight but I do that cleanse every six months.... so far I have lost 145lbs... I was very obese but sometimes people need the quick fix to motivate them to start excersizing and eating more healthy.... looking forward to knowing how it goes. Good luck :)
  • califigureeight
    Options

I'm in the same boat as far as the weight loss. Or lack of. If it'll make you feel better do it but just know that some if not all will come back. In the past, I've done fad diets and know that they don't work long term but lately I have been thinking as you are.

I'm not for it or against it. I just hope that whatever you do makes you happy long term.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    im sorry but if you're dropping 10 lbs in 3 days, all you are losing is water. unless you're extremely obese it's very difficult to drop more than 2 lbs of fat in a week. yes, bodybuilders and fitness models all lose ten lbs, sometimes more, in the week before a competition. and they'll be the first one to tell you that all they do is dehydrate themselves. any diet that makes a claim like that is not just a fad, it's a scam. I know i'm supposed to be all supportive in the forum, but there are no quick fixes when it comes to weight loss. good nutrition and exercise will do it every time, just not as quick as we'd like. I'm sorry to say but the minute you go off the diet and resume any kind of normal eating and drinking, your body will rehydrate itself and you will most likely gain the weight back.

I agree being a victim of these fad diets and diet products. For many years that I struggle with my weight, I was into yo-yo dieting and it is only recently that i started to do the cheapest and the safest way to lose weight, that is to eat everything in moderation coupled with aerobic exercise and strength training. All of a sudden i dont even realized that im now slim and lost all that much weight. you dont have to hurt yourself to lose weight and keep it off.
  • jamontagne
    Options
    I have done this diet in the past and I did lose 7lbs..I just was REALLY hungry the last two days

Woohoo! Someone who has done this and seen results. :smooched:
    I fully understand that this is not the best way to go and could not be sustained over a period of time - but I've read nothing but positive results from dieters (and negative thoughts from nutrion experts).
    Actually it was my body-builder cousin who suggested it - she said it is a little tough but I just need to make sure to stick to the scheduled diet she created for me right after the 3-day diet is over. That way I don't binge and gain the weight back. BTW - my cousin is a registered dietian so I trust her judgement on this :bigsmile:
  • jamontagne
    Options
    I am interested and knowing what the diet is. I do the master cleanse and usually in three days I will drop about ten lbs... of course it could be water weight but I do that cleanse every six months.... so far I have lost 145lbs... I was very obese but sometimes people need the quick fix to motivate them to start excersizing and eating more healthy.... looking forward to knowing how it goes. Good luck :)

It's basically a 1000 cal. /day diet ~ you can find it online.
    I thought about doing the Master Cleanse but I was afraid of the ... well "method" lol :blushing: