Eating your exercise calories??

Options
So i ate around around 1000 calories today, then burned around 300 then ate about 500 so my net calories is 1242 (i think) is this healthy? Like is that what i am suppose to do, like eat the calories that i burned and then eat til i ate 1200 calories? (That's my cal limit) thanks :D

Replies

• fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    this-thread-again-Good-Grief.jpg
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    YES. You've got it exactly friend! Good job!!!
  • johnson1978
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing?
  • rachelw16
    rachelw16 Posts: 90
    Options

This made my night
  • abbigail_r
    abbigail_r Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    So many people ask if you are to eat your calories back...some say yes some say no. The less that you eat back MFP will tell you a lesser projected weight in 5 weeks...I say whatever you feel is right.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    So i ate around around 1000 calories today, then burned around 300 then ate about 500 so my net calories is 1242 (i think) is this healthy? Like is that what i am suppose to do, like eat the calories that i burned and then eat til i ate 1200 calories? (That's my cal limit) thanks :D

Yes, you're supposed to eat the 1200, plus your exercise calories. You ate 1500cal total, and burned 300 in exercise, leaving your net at 1200...perfect.

However, keep in mind that you have a bit of a cushion, since you're 35lbs from what I assume is a healthy bodyfat for you (BMI is flawed). If you go under a few times a week, you'll be ok. The closer you get the less you want to do that though. Also, I don't know what method you're using to calculate the calories burned, but unless it's a higher quality heart rate monitor, I can pretty much guarantee it's wrong. Before I got my HRM, I halved the exercise calories MFP gave me...just to be safe.

Anymore, I don't bother with any of that...as I've found a method that works better for me, and only really count calories out of curiosity as to whether there's any correlation on this style diet. But when I was eating like most people on this site...the above is how I did it.

Hope that helped!
  • fatboypup
    Options
    YES. You've got it exactly friend! Good job!!!
    fail on this site for not accepting normal vbscript :P
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options

yes...good job...anytime you have questions just ask...
  • GypsyRose25
    GypsyRose25 Posts: 407
    Options

Don't read these threads if you have nothing to say that will be positive or supportive. It's rude and unnecessary.
  • fatboypup
    Options

Don't read these threads if you have nothing to say that will be positive or supportive. It's rude and unnecessary.
    if a person cant do a simple search how are they gonna undertake a journey as big as a lifestyle change?