Help I am running out of excersise ideas.....

Options
So I am in the middle of the 30 day shred but asides from that what kind of excersise is good for toning up and losing some weight? I know jogging and stuff but i need like new funner ideas because I am getting bored of just jogging and doing the 30ds. :yawn: Any ideas????:happy:

Replies

• hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA!!!! [:
  • Packerfan23
    Packerfan23 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Body Pump is awesome as is Zumba!:happy:
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Cycling, Hicking, Martial Arts Class, etc, etc.
  • lucylou9701
    lucylou9701 Posts: 194
    Options
    What is Zumba and why is such a rave?
  • nharr002
    nharr002 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Belly dancing is a lot of fun, and it's a lot more difficult than one would think. :)
  • MissBess1
    MissBess1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Check out livingsocial.com. I have been able to find several good classes at various locations for very cheap! It keeps workouts and scenery changing!
  • tjnd88
    tjnd88 Posts: 26
    Options
    Swimming. I love it. works upper and lower body, low impact, and you never sweat !
  • hcam8
    hcam8 Posts: 69
    Options
    Have you tried using a rowing machine at the gym?! If you do it hard enough possibly one of the most intense, satisfying exercises you can do... try doing pyramids, like 2 minutes at 18 strokes/minute, 2 minutes at 20, 2 minutes at 22 and back down again. (I'm not sure how fit you are, or how experienced you are with an erg.)
    xx
  • sheribaby45840
    Options
    zumba is like americanized latin dance routine, its so fun, because there are real moves to it, easy ones, and as you get better at it, you can focus on your own technique. but in the class everyone does it together... so silly and fun!
    My personal fav is just dancing to my fav songs. anything to work up a sweat while you remind yourself what muscle groups to engage. i find myself touching my gut alot because it reminds me to focus where i want the burn.
    And i vote for swimming too! easy to work up a good sweat and never feel it! :)
    do what YOU wanna do, girl! As long as its fun for you youll keep comin back :)
  • cspinney
    cspinney Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you like to do, but I agree Zumba is a lot of fun. You can search youtube for Zumba videos to get an idea.

Personally, I would be alternating 30 day shred with non-strength training type workouts. Even going for a walk, doing some yoga - whatever you enjoy doing.
  • Lizmhoughton
    Lizmhoughton Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I personally am a fan of Hot Yoga Vinyasa. It's a different kind of intensity and it has helped me tone up and reshape my body. It takes a few classes to get used to the heat, but I love the way I feel after a good, detoxifying sweat. You can burn anywhere from 500-900 calories in an hour. It does get expensive though and it's not very common in some areas.
  • sunyg
    sunyg Posts: 229
    Options
    Any of the Bob Harper Inside Out Method DVDs. They kick your butt even the yoga one.
  • amylrach
    amylrach Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Jazzercise is a lot of fun. It's an hour of dance aerobics, strength training and stretching. The music is mostly music that you would hear when your turn your on. I've been going for 18 months now and I love it so much I am training to become an instructor!