When Should I See More Improvement?

Options
Walking Briskly 30-60 Minutes twice a day. 7 days a week.
Portion Control with healthy meals
Drinking water and also coconut water.

Doing this when should I see more results?

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I noticed at about 3 weeks. depends on your size if you are larger it might take longer but it will be worth it. When you are make sure you are a little out of breath if youa re going to do it make it worth it. you also might want to check out couch 2 5k once walking becomes too easy for you.
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    You are off to a good start, and please don't take this the wrong way. But you get out of things what you put into them.

I know there is a large contingency that believes in the "walk away the pounds" path. And while walking/hiking makes up some of my cross training, it wasn't enough to really shed the weight. At 220 pounds, an hour would burn less than 300 calories. An punt easily blown.

Use the walking as a stepping stone and start adding some more intensity, you have to continually keep challenging yourself to see results.

Beat of luck - find your determination and you will succeed!
  • StephEx
    StephEx Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Well i started sunday and ive lost 2lbs. along with walking i do 20 sit ups everymorning. What more should i do? Any suggestions. I have a exercise ball, but not alot of room in my house.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I was using Just dance 2 when i started, now i have the Zumba wii game. I also got a few workout dvds. couch 25k is good too.

What do you have laying around your house from past attempts at weight loos and fitness. I had enough stuff I was set when i was ready.
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Well i started sunday and ive lost 2lbs. along with walking i do 20 sit ups everymorning. What more should i do? Any suggestions. I have a exercise ball, but not alot of room in my house.

You started Sunday and you have lost 2 pounds? What more in the way of results are you after?
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    you should add strength training
  • StephEx
    StephEx Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have 2 "5" lb weights 1 shake weight (yes i do have one of those lol) the exercise ball and thats pretty much it.
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Be patient - you wont lose weight overnight (just the same as you didn't put it on overnight)

Don't weight everyday - you will drive yourself nuts

Take measurments as well as weighing in

Eat all of your calories (I know this is a contentious issue but I also eat back my exercise cals too!)

Drink lots of water

Even if the scales so not go your way remember you are still in a better position by eating healthily and takeing regular exercise!
  • MelissaRaeTerry
    MelissaRaeTerry Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    One thing you could try to change up you exercise routines. Muscle confusion and all that jazz. You could add things like intervals. 30 sec high intensity sprint 30 sec jog. Hill sprints are great too! If you dont think you can do all right away just slowly work your body up to it! :D
  • MelissaRaeTerry
    MelissaRaeTerry Posts: 377 Member
    Options
  • Time2Thrive
    Time2Thrive Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have 2 "5" lb weights 1 shake weight (yes i do have one of those lol) the exercise ball and thats pretty much it.

Check out http://exercise.about.com/cs/abs/l/bl_core.htm. This shows you multiple different exercises you can do with your exercise ball. Towards the bottom you will find additional articles with other options as well.

Hope this help!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Add body weight resistance exercises - push-ups, squats, lunges, triceps dips. Using your exercise ball, try leg curls and leg lowering (holding it between your feet) and ball push-ups as well as the ab exercises.
  • aethompson5507
    aethompson5507 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    i agree with what everyone is saying...but i was also going to add in there to just pick up some random fitness dvd, tae bo? 30 day shred? youtube zumba? anything that gets your butt up and moving is going to help you burn those extra calories that you want gone! :)