CrossFit

Options
Has anyone done or heard of CrossFit?

Here is a website I have been looking at but wanted to know if anyone had thoughts on its weight loss?
http://www.crossfitathletic.com.au/

thoughts? Leanne :glasses:

Replies

• YogiGirlLucy
    YogiGirlLucy Posts: 290
    Options
    I did Cross Fit for about six months. I maintained my weight, but didn't lose. I did gain strength and definition tho'. I loved it. Not sure if my two cents is that worth while since I didn't do it for very long, but I would recommend it -- I only stopped because of scheduling conflicts with my trainer. It's a bit expensive, too, on top of gym membership and unlimited power yoga membership. My local Cross Fit is at $300 a month.
  • snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    Options
    I've recently starting incorporating Crossfit into my daily routine. The thing with it is, you get out of it what you put into it. So work hard and you'll see some great positives. It's an amazing community. See if you have a local "box" and if they offer a free intro. That's what I did, met some of them out at our Armed Forces 5k. Did an intro class and then signed up for beginner classes to learn what I could.

Also check out the crossfit games!
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    You don't even really have to join a Crossfit gym or pay any membership. If you have some space you can put together everything you need for your workouts at home. The Crossfit website even tells you how and they provide daily workouts for you to do.
  • snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    Options
    You don't even really have to join a Crossfit gym or pay any membership. If you have some space you can put together everything you need for your workouts at home. The Crossfit website even tells you how and they provide daily workouts for you to do.

True you don't have to join; you can do stuff at home. But I'd def suggest maybe taking a few classes if you aren't 100% confident in some of the techniques. Depending on your local gym, you may not be able to complete a work out w/o interuption or with the proper equipment. My gym doesn't have a pull up bar, rope, boxes, GHD.

It's an option to look into.
  • YogiGirlLucy
    YogiGirlLucy Posts: 290
    Options

True you don't have to join; you can do stuff at home. But I'd def suggest maybe taking a few classes if you aren't 100% confident in some of the techniques. Depending on your local gym, you may not be able to complete a work out w/o interuption or with the proper equipment. My gym doesn't have a pull up bar, rope, boxes, GHD.

It's an option to look into.

I agree at least taking a few classes to learn technique is a good idea, especially if you are going to be lifting. I personally like the interaction with other Cross-Fitters and a trainer, it pushed me harder. I do still do some of the stuff during home workouts, or workouts in the park -- mainly burpees, kettle bells, and other routines not using equipment. I never did like the pull-ups too much anyway -- especially the Kiplings! lol
  • Leanne60
    Leanne60 Posts: 21
    Options
    All good suggestions and I admire you....

I'm really not the workout at home type - too many distractions and if I go somewhere and someone tell me to do stuff I will.

I might sign up for a month and see how I go!