Joined about 3 days ago

Options
Hello, I'm a wife and a mom I have two wonderful boys, five years ago a gained about 50 pounds with my first son. How did I do that? McDonlds and lot's of sleep I was tired all the time and all I ever wanted to eat was McDonlds food, I know not good. I became really depressed by how over weight I was after having my first son. So I did a really bad diet the no carbs no sugar diet it was hard but it worked for me I lost about 25 pounds then gained :( about 18 in a few months. I did not want to do that diet ever again I hated it, but I was so desperate to lose weight at that time in my life. So I started to watch what I ate to try to keep loseing more weight and manage to lose about 12 pounds I have only gained about 3 pounds back on because I stoped the diet but threw that diet I notice how it might take me a longer time to lose weight doing it a healtier way but it has made me more self conscious of what I was eating. I found this website on a parenting magazine that I got about 4 months ago but had not read it until a few days ago. Im so glad I did and loved how I can keep track of what I'm eating every day and for me that has been the best way to lose all this weight. I have a long way to go but I'm hopeful that I will get there. My motivation to lose this weight are my two boys. My goal is to be a healthy, active mom/parent for them.

Replies

• smlaw3
    smlaw3 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi, I am a mum of 3, one of which is really challenging as he has learning difficulties. I gained most of my weight through emotional eating and over the years it has just ballooned. I found this site through a friend and have really enjoyed the daily inputting and the result of 5lbs of in my first week. I must admit though i am not as positive about keeping to my exercise regime as i think i might have pushed it a little to much . And then again to much of everything was what got me to this size on the first place.
    So welcome to the site and i am sure you will find some great ways on how to stay positive and keep up your new healthy lifestyle with your boys.
    Sharon x