Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead... watch it!

Options
I saw this vid and decided to pass it along. It is educational and very inspirational for those of us wanting to loose weight and be healthier or even those just wanting to be healthier. It runs for about an hour and a half. It also comes with a website by the same name, FatSickAndNearlyDead.com.

I hope you don't brush it off as just another infomercial. Honestly, it's educational and inspirational.

Replies

• megruder
    megruder Posts: 216
    Options
    Netflix Instant has it. I'm definitely adding it to my queue.
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Looks good, can't see how I can find it in UK though
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    BUMP for later :)
  • slimmerme2012
    Options
    I plan to watch it on Netflix
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I watched it yesterday through Netflix streaming. I was amazed!
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a sales pitch for a particular diet to me.
  • tweety170
    tweety170 Posts: 167
    Options
    Sounds like a sales pitch for a particular diet to me.
    What diet? I've never heard of it but a quick google search didn't lead me to anything except good reviews.
  • joehempel
    Options
    The website looked very sales pitchy to me, and the rebootyourlife.com link that's there points you to what he did...and you have to buy into a program.

I'm sure it worked for him and others, otherwise it wouldn't have been produced, but it seems like a large infomercial to me.
  • k1229
    k1229 Posts: 135
    Options
    juice fasting. im not sold on it. but hey ho, each to their own.
  • gritgirl
    gritgirl Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    the thing i wonder is how these folks maintain after the juice fasting. i saw tons of people lose weight on atkins and then gain all back and more. i'd rather just eat healthier and lose the weight the old fashioned way so i can maintain it.
  • joehempel
    Options
    Me either....I have teeth...they like to chew things up. But I hear ya...if it works for those that try it, I'm not gonna hate, it's getting them to where they want to be.
  • MonolithTMA
    MonolithTMA Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    A friend shared this with me the other day. It does look inspiring. I usually drink a green smoothie for breakfast, but that's as close as I'll ever get to a juice fast. ;-)

If it helps people get healthy and stay healthy then I'm all for it.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    We watched it. My husband is considering doing a 10 day. We're going to research tasty combinations and perhaps do it together at the end of August, when we're taking a week off work. I don't want to have to deal with work those first few days.
  • DazednConfoosed
    Options
    Buy into a program? I did the intro thing. It asks if you have a juicer thingy. I do. Then it recommends you buy local veggies and fruits. Where's the selling part? After that it asks you to choose a starting date and when I did, it said they'd be in contact with me then. They have no phone number, only e-mail and mailing address. Maybe I missed something. But unless I get a catalog later, I fail to see the sales pitch.

As for it being a fad diet, well, maybe. It's nothing new. I've read about the same thing with different names a few times over the years. Nevertheless, the point I was trying to make was it is educational and motivational. I was needing a pick me up when I saw it on Netflix and pick me up it did. As soon as I saw it, I just wanted to share it here.
  • DazednConfoosed
    Options
    I just got an email from them. It gives me a nice little cheer and recipies to try out. No sales pitch or catalog yet.