Bridesmaid!

Options
S.W: 188
C.W: 170
G.W: 130

And... I have a new reason to get down to that 130... I'm a bridesmaid for the first time EVER! The wedding is St. Patty's Day (March) of next year. I can't wait! But actually I can, b/c I need to shed these pounds! What way to show off your weight loss then be walking down an isle front and center with everyone eyeballing you? Great reason. I feel like I've had a fire lit under my butt!

Replies

• Crazyjoe11
    Crazyjoe11 Posts: 83
    Options
    Ha! Congratulations - what motivation indeed! Good luck - you can do this!!!
  • TheMrsBee
    TheMrsBee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Over here we say St. Paddy's day! lol

Congratulations though - you will get to your goal with that determination!!
  • vodkaswigger
    vodkaswigger Posts: 467
    Options
    The same reason has brought me on my weight loss journey, I am a bridesmaid for my sister at the end of october, so far i have lost 22ibs thru MFP support,diet and exercise in just over 3 months and am hoping to lose the same again before the big day.
    You can do this, use the wedding as your goal. good luck.

xxx
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm a bride of 2012 so I've got a similar fire under my *kitten*. It's funny how many people loose weight for a wedding, so far I've got three people in my family on a diet and another member starting next month :P (Mum and dad are on with me and fiancé starting next month). My maid ha said she isn't though so we've already bought her dress :P Gonna be in trouble if she does :P

You can do it!
  • RajwaJ
    RajwaJ Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Its a fantastic push in the right direction and a fantastic goal. I am going to be Chief Bridesmaid for the 1st time next May. My measurements are going to be taken in 3 weeks for my dress. I am trying to lose the last stone before then. Its so exciting. Really worried about maintaining my weight until May. :o

Good luck and congratulations. Its a big honour to be asked and I'm sure you will look and feel fabulous in your dress.
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    haha AWESOME motivation! you can totally do that!

As a future bride, I can completely relate! The day after I got engaged I was like... oh shoooooooot gotta lose weight! Ahaha! I would probably feel the same way if I was asked to be a bridesmaid!! In fact, I'm already thinking it since one of my best friends got engaged this past June.........

anyway - good luck! :) you will look fabulouss