Hello from Round Rock, Texas

Options
Hi everyone,

I am so excited about having found this site and hope to make some friends while I lose weight.:smile:

My name is Jane, I am 47 years old and I am originally from England but now live just outside of Austin(Round Rock),Texas. I moved here 4 1/2 years ago and love it.

I am going through a nasty divorce and in the past 6 months have put on about 28lbs. This is a combination of comfort eating and also now living with a wonderful man, but he has a huge appetite and I have fallen into eating a lot of junk food and bigger portions. He stays slim by the way!

I used to run a lot and was a fitness freak but I have become lazy, stressed and contented all at the same time!

I know I can lose this weight and get fit again. My aim is to do a half marathon this time next year. I did a 5K race New Years Day but had to walk part of it. Running was a way of life for me for about 12 years, and I want that and my wardrobe back!

Is there anyone else from Texas out there, and maybe even close to Austin?

In case you are wondering about my name I also keep pet rats, hence Running Ratty

I will be posting a lot I hope! Oh and I'll have a pic up soon. :smile:

Replies

• RunningRatty
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I am so excited about having found this site and hope to make some friends while I lose weight.:smile:

My name is Jane, I am 47 years old and I am originally from England but now live just outside of Austin(Round Rock),Texas. I moved here 4 1/2 years ago and love it.

I am going through a nasty divorce and in the past 6 months have put on about 28lbs. This is a combination of comfort eating and also now living with a wonderful man, but he has a huge appetite and I have fallen into eating a lot of junk food and bigger portions. He stays slim by the way!

I used to run a lot and was a fitness freak but I have become lazy, stressed and contented all at the same time!

I know I can lose this weight and get fit again. My aim is to do a half marathon this time next year. I did a 5K race New Years Day but had to walk part of it. Running was a way of life for me for about 12 years, and I want that and my wardrobe back!

Is there anyone else from Texas out there, and maybe even close to Austin?

In case you are wondering about my name I also keep pet rats, hence Running Ratty

I will be posting a lot I hope! Oh and I'll have a pic up soon. :smile:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Welcome and here's to new beginning:drinker:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I just live down I35 from you in Canyon Lake Tx. It's half way between Austin and San Antonio, right around San Marcos/New Braunfels. Good to see you on the site.

Keep posting and good luck to you.

Welcome!!!

Charlaine
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Texan. I'm just south of you. Good luck.
  • RunningRatty
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome. Nice to know there are some more Texans around...not that I am a true Texan I suppose....:smile: