My scale is NOT moving!!!

Options
I've been the same weight for over a week....ugh...so frustrating!!!! Especially since I've been walking in the 90 degree heat!! I told my hubby this morning that I think my scale is broken ;)

Replies

• FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    kick it across the room, that will move it, or throw it out the window, thats my next plan
  • mangirl
    mangirl Posts: 93
    Options
    Eat less.
  • bethany675
    bethany675 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Measurements? I am right there with you in this particular area......My clothes fit fine but my scale is staying the same or going in the wrong direction.....HA, it must be a 'summer prank'.
  • Tereztaylor07
    Options
    It's nothing for me to hold the same weight for two weeks (usually the two weeks before my period). Don't sweat it. If it keeps sticking, change up something in your routine. Like go for a bike ride instead of walking.
  • javablondie
    javablondie Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Take a close and critical look at your diary. Are there places where you could increase fiber, increase protein, and cut back on carbs - especially refined ones? Personally I don't worry too much about going over my fat intake. I think the non-fat and low-fat marketing is hype. (I'm over on fiber, protein, and fat almost every day. I'm also way under on carbs.)

I try to avoid packaged food for the most part. I've noticed that for me, almost any day I eat a protein bar, I lose no weight. I think too many of those are just way too processed (for me).

Hang in there! I'd try mixing things up a bit. Embrace those days when the number doesn't go down. I think of them as days my body is chilling out and getting used to the new weight. (All the while I look back at what I'd eaten the last couple of days and see if there are any culprits.)

best!
  • franzy
    franzy Posts: 259
    Options
    I am the same way except I've been stuck for 2 months I'm getting discouraged :cry: . I've changed my exercise from cardio to strengh. I am about to give up myself.
  • shellgoff
    shellgoff Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need to switch it up a bit. Different exercise, different foods, etc. Sort of shock your body a bit. HOw many calories are you eating a day?
  • ninajackson1
    ninajackson1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I feel your frustration! I have been going to Fitness Boot Camp... 3 days a week - feeling like I am "basic training" . I had a weigh in after 3 weeks and did not lose a single pound! I did lose a few inches but no weight. I am still screaming...
    Everyone keeps telling me... to keep going... keep going.. you'll see the difference.. So, I am passing it on to you.. Keep Going! You'll see the difference.
  • Schuyler
    Schuyler Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am the same way except I've been stuck for 2 months I'm getting discouraged :cry: . I've changed my exercise from cardio to strengh. I am about to give up myself.

Me too. Don't give up! I'm going to try and eat more calories this week and really up my protein. Good luck to you!
  • joymeg1
    joymeg1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Stick with it. I had only been losing about a 1/2 pound for weeks and then finally, week 6, of doing exactly the same thing I had a 4.1# loss. If you know you are tracking calories accurately and keeping in your alloted calories your body will eventually stop rebelling. You could also try switching up your exercise routine. Hang in there. You are not alone in this journey.
  • bisco1915
    bisco1915 Posts: 8
    Options
    Yea, I'm having the same problem. I'm hoping to break into the 80's by either this week, or next week (Fingers Crossed)
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    Increase your calories, cut back on carbs and processed/boxed foods. Change up your exercise routine and try not to focus to much on the scale it is just a number. Are your clothes fitting loser, sometimes we hit a weight plateau however we lose inches which is just as or more important. Good luck!
  • khill1762
    khill1762 Posts: 1
    Options
    I brought a bowflex trendclimber cheap on ebay; it easier than walking outside and you can walk longer and it counts your calories. also be careful when counting your calories some of the information in the food database is wrong; compare it to the packages or google it to make sure the its right. Good luck!
  • FatKat821
    FatKat821 Posts: 2
    Options
    Check your sodium and carbs. Too much of either slows me down.
  • morenita71
    morenita71 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    know how you feel - so frustrating as I bought a new set of scales when I started MFP. I've been going to the gym more and my clothes feel a little looser and I can see my collarbones (just..) and so I'm trying to take comfort from that but it's hard. You're not alone - agree with the others about not being a slave to the scales. Keep the faith!
  • txgator
    txgator Posts: 65
    Options
    I've been the same weight for over a week....ugh...so frustrating!!!! Especially since I've been walking in the 90 degree heat!! I told my hubby this morning that I think my scale is broken ;)

LOL....my wife says that every morning...and this past week I was ready to agree. I am still losing inches but not weight. (btw, I dont have periods, lol). Finally after 6 days of up and back I am down 1..not great considering how much I was losing. The worst part? This was my first week on a "diet" where I watched what I ate (calories,etc). I was losing more, just eating better foods and less than normal, while cutting out the bad....go figure. Anyway, hopefully that confused my body as much as my brain. Just keep at it, it will start coming off...:)
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    i am paying less and less attention to the scale, 4th july weekend bought new shorts, size 16, a smaller size for me, two weeks later they are falling down, yet the scale had me UP 5 pounds that week i am like WTF
  • GooneyAngel
    Options
    bump
  • GooneyAngel
    Options
    I talked to my trainer yesterday about the same thing!! I was on 1200 calories/day and working out 6 days a week (cardio and strength training). He thinks that I am not eating enough calories for as many work outs as I am doing. He suggested that I increase my caloric intake to 1600 calories/day. But, not to change what I am eating (complex carbs and protein). Good Luck!!
  • golferd
    golferd Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Weight has been the same since March. I am being told to lose weight, I need to consume over 3000 calories per day. I workout 7 days a week for at least 60 minutes a day.

I recommend you sign up for a Tough Mudder or warrior dash, something else your focusing on. Helps your mind think about a different goal and focus more on the gaining a healthier more fit lifestyle.