Just getting started

Options
:bigsmile:

I am new to the website but not new to trying to lose weight. I am really trying to make lifestyle changes because my current lifestyle is not only hurting myself but my child as well. I want to be an example for him and help him to lose weight too. This is such a great tool. I stumbled upon this on accident. It was a good accident. I am just looking for support and hopefully can get myself to start exercising. I am looking for low impact right now since I am a big girl and have some pain problems. I hope to get stronger and can move on to more intense workouts in the future. I am also looking for family friendly workouts.

Thanks

Replies

• vmalatino
    vmalatino Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good Luck...I also love this site. I might suggest swimming or water exercises. I had a bad knee and this type of exercise did not seem to aggrevate it.
  • kimluvsel
    kimluvsel Posts: 8
    Options
    Hello, and welcome to the site. I have been using this site for about 6 months now and it is fabulous! I too, have recently lost weight to set an example for my son, so I can relate. I have also recently become a vegetarian. Anyway, let me know if I can help in any way, I am somewhat of a nutritional expert, as I studied it academically as well as personally. Best of luck to you and remember, this is a lifelong commitment, not just a quick thing. My best advice would be to take it day by day and be proud of every little accomplishment, just as you are of every small accomplishment your son makes. A great starter exercise that is fun and good exercise, (and something you and your son can do together), is bike riding. A 200 pound person can burn around 300 calories going on a 30 minute leisurely bike ride. Anyhow, best of luck!

- Kim
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    If you have access to Exercise TV on demand, free on ty or Exercisetv.com you can buy the walking exercise with Leslie Sanone for 1.99 and do it from the computer. It is sponsered by the American Heart Assoc.. They have a 1,2 or 3 mile walk. Start with the 1 mile, it is only 15 min and very easy but a good walk. If you can do it try to do it 2 times a day and you have all you need. As you get better you can try the 2 mile. Very easy and low impact.
  • fldillon
    fldillon Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've only been here a couple of days myself but I'm finding the support here amazing. Feel free to add me