Little tip regarding staying motivated to workout

Options
I have been using MFP for about 2 months now and just discovered something that has been keeping me motivated to workout even when I really don't want to. If I know I should or really want to workout, and my motivation has me only half committed to doing it that day, I get into the log exercise section of my page and find the workout I plan to do, log in the time, and see the calorie burn BEFORE I actually complete it. It motivates me to actually do the workout even when I'm feeling a little lazy at the moment because I want the calorie burn that it shows me. It surely helped me to get my workout done today :-)

Replies

• celestedavis
    celestedavis Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Great idea! It definitely is rewarding to see after. I find if I just put my tennis shoes on my body remembers how great I felt the last time I wore them and I can quickly get out of my jammies and hit the trail!
  • lbewley3
    lbewley3 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I've done that too - once I log it, I'm committed to do it. (Yes, I know I can remove it but that would make me feel soooo guilty)
  • LizabethRose
    Options
    Great idea!
  • Vhovell
    Vhovell Posts: 286
    Options
    That's a very good tip!! i do that with food sometimes. I always do exercise in the evenings so by the time i log it all i don't really have time to eat anything - like yesterday i did an hour of badminton then 30 run/walk so was left with 1,000 calories but it was 10pm so couldn't really start eating that late!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I've done that too. I look at the extra 500 calories and think "that will earn me wine with dinner". Very motivating for me. I only wish MFP had an app where I could 'earn' more hours in the day. :ohwell: