Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

How do you cope with being sick?

Options
SuzieQT
SuzieQT Posts: 188 Member
My boyfriend gave me his cold this weekend. (Nice birthday present, huh?) My chest is congested and I feel nauseous, not to mention just tired all over. So I'm planning to give my body a rest from working out, but I have no appetite whatsoever. So far today I have been able to choke down my breakfast, mid-morning snack, and lunch. Only now I feel even worse in the tummy department. The only thing I've put into my body thus far that hasn't made me feel worse is water, so I've been drinking plenty of it.
So, how do you do it? How do you keep eating healthy when you feel so icky?
Any suggests for low-calorie foods to make my tummy and/or the rest of me feel better?
Thanks in advance guys. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• SuzieQT
    Options
    My boyfriend gave me his cold this weekend. (Nice birthday present, huh?) My chest is congested and I feel nauseous, not to mention just tired all over. So I'm planning to give my body a rest from working out, but I have no appetite whatsoever. So far today I have been able to choke down my breakfast, mid-morning snack, and lunch. Only now I feel even worse in the tummy department. The only thing I've put into my body thus far that hasn't made me feel worse is water, so I've been drinking plenty of it.
    So, how do you do it? How do you keep eating healthy when you feel so icky?
    Any suggests for low-calorie foods to make my tummy and/or the rest of me feel better?
    Thanks in advance guys. :flowerforyou:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I am having some really bad GI issues today, and I have just been eating soft foods and liquids, although not a lot. I had some soy milk for breakfast, two fig newtons, and a piece of soft bread with some PB on it. just enough so I don't get hunger pangs. I may also have some broth later on. Feel better! :flowerforyou:
  • SuzieQT
    Options
    I am having some really bad GI issues today, and I have just been eating soft foods and liquids, although not a lot. I had some soy milk for breakfast, two fig newtons, and a piece of soft bread with some PB on it. just enough so I don't get hunger pangs. I may also have some broth later on. Feel better! :flowerforyou:

Thanks, I hope you feel better too. I'm definitely gonna convince my bf that tonight is a good night for soup.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I was really sick last week...for the most part I played dead.
    Hit my calories for the most part, but it was tough.
    Didn't work out much though. :indifferent:
  • Juliebean
    Options
    I have been fighting something similar for the past week so I can definitely sympathize-and my cough/cold came on my birthday too! Maybe it's good luck...? I've been drinking lots of hot tea with a teaspoon of honey, and eating lots of Campbell's chunky chicken noodle soup. It's kind of high in sodium so if you can, get the healthy request version. Hope you're feeling better soon girlie! :flowerforyou:
  • SuzieQT
    Options
    I was really sick last week...for the most part I played dead.
    Hit my calories for the most part, but it was tough.
    Didn't work out much though. :indifferent:

Playing dead sounds good... maybe I should call in dead to work, lol. Hope you're feeling better this week. :flowerforyou:
  • SuzieQT
    Options
    I have been fighting something similar for the past week so I can definitely sympathize-and my cough/cold came on my birthday too! Maybe it's good luck...? I've been drinking lots of hot tea with a teaspoon of honey, and eating lots of Campbell's chunky chicken noodle soup. It's kind of high in sodium so if you can, get the healthy request version. Hope you're feeling better soon girlie! :flowerforyou:

Hmmm... it is strange that we both caught the same kind of cold on our birthdays. Chicken noodle soup is definitely going to be dinner tonight. That is if I can get to the store and buy some and not give up on eating totally before I get it fixed. I hope you're feeling better too!
  • Shesaleo18
    Shesaleo18 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I don't deal with it at all. I'll whinge poor me but no one cares plus Iv got young kids to look after so I don't have time to be sick (even when I am sick....if that makes sense).
  • LindsayB072
    LindsayB072 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I just rely on a lot of soups and broths, especially if my throat hurts or I'm all congested. I try not to worry too much and calories and exercise and focus more on hydration and rest.
    I live alone and my family is pretty far away, so when I'm sick, I'm all aloney on my owney.
    I hope you're feeling better!!
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,129 Member
    Options
    Drink. Alcohol kills germs
  • JeffreyMGiron
    JeffreyMGiron Posts: 3,582 Member
    Options
    I dont cope, i dont cope with it at all..
  • BenOsen3
    BenOsen3 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm a man. I call my mom to let her know and then lay on the couch all day like I'm dying.
  • wolfehound33
    wolfehound33 Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    It is tough, but rest is key. As far as eating, I seem to have less of an appetite when I am sick, so I do my best. Mon I wasn't feeling great, and I was way under. It is just a temporary set back, so don't stress the few days you are off, you'll be back to normal and kicking butt soon
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I make a cup of green tea a day the moment I even feel a cold starting to come on. usually that fends it off in a day or 2 so I don't actually get sick very often. but when I do I'll have like 3 cups of green tea a day and that way it makes its way through my system in a matter of days, I usually will notice that I feel better every day than I did the day before and in maybe a week, 2 if it's a stubborn one, I'm all better.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Holy necrothread
  • JeffreyMGiron
    JeffreyMGiron Posts: 3,582 Member
    Options
    BenOsen3 wrote: »
    I'm a man. I call my mom to let her know and then lay on the couch all day like I'm dying.

im pretty sure all guys do this, i call my mom tell her im sick she tells me go get meds or do something, but i rather just lay there.
  • Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
    Hey_Its_That_One_Guy Posts: 21,768 Member
    Options
    Meth. Cures me right up.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    Over 7 years later...I'm pretty sure OP went ahead and died waiting on you all to answer.