Lurker - thing I like best about you guys...

Options
RickinNH
RickinNH Posts: 73 Member
OK, I have been lurking in these forums (fora?) for several weeks. I like the success stories, and the before and after pictures are great. But even more than the fact that everyone is happy with the way they look as they shed pounds, I love the what the photos reveal about the way that people feel about themselves in these pictures. Any of us who have struggled with weight know the feeling of hiding behind clothing, friends or anything else we can get our hands on in pictures. Those are the "before" pictures. The "after" (or "during") pics show so much confidence. Even people who still want to lose a lot more weight show so much more confidence that it is palpable in their face. You can see the self-loathing slip away with the poundage. What a great thing it is for a person to believe in him or herself.

I am lucky that I never let myself get too-too heavy (although I was considered "obese" on the ridiculous BMI charts). I am using the MFP tools. I lost 10-15 from my all time high, and continue to drop through exercise and keeping track of food consumption.

You are all an inspiration.

Thanks!

Replies

• Degator
    Degator Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Could not agree more! The confidence and self esteem that you can see is what really makes such a difference.
  • southtowngirl
    southtowngirl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Yep. Same here. :smile:
  • diverchic73
    diverchic73 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Very well said... and a very true observation!
  • JRoseM27
    JRoseM27 Posts: 4
    Options
    Agreed! Losing weight certainly has rewards and confidence is one of them!
  • calih1983
    calih1983 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I crave that confidence myself and I have noticed that having support here, and to know I'm not "the only one" that is or was unhappy is a huge help! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • SusanRenee35
    SusanRenee35 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    yes this is a very very inspiring place to come hang out & keep on track. I love it here!!!!!!!!! If I hadnt found this site Id still be drowning in self hate everyday hoping & wishing I could get my act together. I am def addicted!
    Love the forums, the recipes, the inspiration & pics! Some amazing incredible people here! Thanx Everyone! :)