100 LB Party

Options
mpeace1406
mpeace1406 Posts: 76 Member
I started losing weight and actually engaging in a healthy lifestyle (no fast foods, eating nutritious foods, exercising) on Aug. 1, 2010. Since that time I've lost 87 lbs. I've never felt better about myself in my life! I've decided that when I get to the 100lb mark, I am going to have a "100 lbs Party." It will be a celebration with healthy food of course, and I am hoping I will hit the mark by the end of the summer so it can be outdoors. Anyone every do anything like that?

Replies

• campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I think it's a fantastic idea! WTG....you are doing great
  • lrodriguez83
    lrodriguez83 Posts: 136
    Options
    Awesome idea!!!!! I may just have to do the same!
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I think it's a fantastic idea!! Way to go girl!!! You deserve a party to celebrate, that takes alot of hard work and dedication to get to where you are!
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    wow. I want to be like you when I grow up - great job & great inspiration. You deserve a party ~
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    ONE-derland :) enjoy it...it will be here soon! Congrats on your hard work!
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I plan to do that when I get there. I was thinking of maybe having a party at a ice rink or the trampoline park by my house to celebrate my new fitness. Mine will have to be indoors because it is going to be in the winter.

I know someone who had one and they asked everyone to bring donations of food for a food bank. The goal was to collect a 100 pounds of food to donate and they collected much more than that. I thought that was a great idea.

Congrats on your loss and have a great party.
  • soonersgirl
    soonersgirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    that is a great idea!! wonderful motivation :)
  • pamital
    pamital Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    that's a great idea and may just do the same! :)
  • LeonaB17
    LeonaB17 Posts: 304
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan - especially rewarding yourself with fun and healthy food! I didn't really do anything special when I hit the 100 mark - I do plan to have one heck of a celebration when I make it to Onederland though.
    Great job on your 87 lost! That's awesome!!
  • shellgoff
    shellgoff Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    what a great idea!!!!
  • want2walknotwaddle
    want2walknotwaddle Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    better start thinking of what to do when i get there so far 73 lb down and would like to get another 27lb off by xmas so might tie it in with that
  • LaCubana9
    LaCubana9 Posts: 112
    Options
    That's the same thing I'm gonna do! ROCK IT OUT, GIRL! I'm down 86.5 lbs (only 13.5 lbs to go!!!), but it's gonna be NO JOKE when that number hits that scale! We're gonna wake up the whole neighborhood that morning! Get it DONE, girl! You should thumb tack an old pair of pants on the wall from 100 lbs ago and blow up a HUGE poster-sized before & after pic! Then SHAKE YO THANG, GIRL- cuz you EARNED IT! You ROCK!
  • Fitzpoppa
    Fitzpoppa Posts: 66
    Options
    Great idea. Congrats on hitting 87 pounds lost. If i ever make it to onederland I'm having a bash.....
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Good idea! Totally stealing that next year!!
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I think the party is a great idea. I am 19# short of hitting my 100# loss and my goal is in my dresser drawer. It is a pair of 1ct princess cut diamond earrings. I should be wearing them by summer's end if not before.

Pam
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    That's a great Idea! attending a party to celebrate such a great achievement in life would be wonderful! kudos to you dear!
  • mpeace1406
    mpeace1406 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I wish you could all come :) And congrats to everyone who is either near or over 100lbs!! It's such a crazy amount of weight to lose.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!