shred level 2 is hideous

Options
ive just started level 2 on 30ds and i feel a failure....

i hated every minute and struggled through out....it made me feel fat and unfit, like really unfit.

Has anyone else made their way though the 30 days not feeling like they are doing it well enough but still got results...i mean i feel like im working, i'm sweating and swearing and not always keeping up but i still feel like its not good enough and smooth enough like them.

i going to finish regardless....but currently feel like i may be disappointed with my measurements and results.

thanks

Replies

• kmeekhof
    kmeekhof Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Level 2 is the most difficult!!!! Push through it.... even if you have to take the "easier" versions, or take a few seconds rest. You can do it!

I am almost done with level three and I am not sure I've lost many inches, but I do know I am stronger and see a little more definition.
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    omg level 2 made me quit!! then i started again and kept at level one until i pushed my self so hard that i knew i was ready to move on.

level 2 is meant to be the hardest out of the 3. keep going. if it kills you its only because its pushing you past your comfort zones and into new boudaries. you can do it!!
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Funning how everyone is so different!! I liked level 2 way better than level one!!! It was hard and I could barely do most of it!! But I worked my butt off...and after I was done with the video...I lost 7 inches!!! Just power through it...you will be glad you did!!!
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I think everyone is different...I really enjoyed level 2 as opposed to 1. Those jumping jacks killed me!! Keep pushing through, it will pay off!!
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    i have done 2 round of the shred so far and lost 14lbs and 20in from it.... but i too HATE level 2... it is the worst. But i lost the bulk of my weight during that level each time so push through! :wink:
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    You have to move at your own pace...for me..I have decided to stay on level 1 for 30 days..then move to level 2 for 30 then level 3 for 30..Pushing yourself is one thing..but remember..you dont want to injure yourself
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Everyday that you do it you will get better.. Just keep on trucking! I am doing level 3 of ripped in 30 now and yesterday was my 2nd day and I cant really keep up so I know what you mean. BUT I did do better yesterday then I did the day before.
  • Angela_MA
    Angela_MA Posts: 260
    Options
    I agree!!! I am almost done with level 2 and it does get easier, but I follow Anita. In the begining I tried to follow Natalie (well when she was not cheating) and by day 3 I was so sore and dying that I eased up and followed Anita! Much better. I followed Natalie in Level 1 so I assumed I would be able to do it for level 2; I was mistaken!! I also incorporate other workouts as well.
    I start Level 3 Next week ( I take weekends off and walk or bike on those days).
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Level 2 sucks... but after a few days and understanding the exercises, it gets better. I feel comfortable doing it now after having done it for a while. I hated level 3 the most though.
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! I saw on your ticker that you have about 25 pounds to lose...I have about 75 - 80 pounds to lose and I'm currently doing level 2. If I can do it, I know that you can do it! It's horribly hard and I can't do every single rep but I can do a lot of it, and that makes me feel like a rockstar. :smile:

Just focus on what you CAN do rather than what you can't do and you will be fine. Feel free to swear at Jillian too; sometimes that helps. :laugh:
  • BetterWithAge
    Options
    Level 2 is hard, but it does get easier. I wanted to quit so many times and am so glad that I didn't. I feel stronger and can see more definition in my arms and abs... Everywhere really. I have to rest several times throughout the level and cannot keep the perfect form either, I am just not that strong yet. I think it is worth it and when I am done will probably do it again in a few months. Keep it up, you will do good. :)
  • misskimlilac
    misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I have done the entire 30 days twice, the first time level two was such a pain in the butt. I complained every single day but I pushed through it and made it to level 3. The second time I alternated D1L1, D2L2,D3L1 for the first 15 days then L2, L3, L2,L3 etc..... for the second half of the month. I still do not love level 2 but I felt like it was the level that pushed my body the most and I saw the best results from it. Keep up the hard work, it is a great feeling when you have made it all the way to the end, and you will see results, I promise you! You can do it!
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Level 2 was the hardest for me too, but as others have said I also feel like it is the level that pushed me the most. Keep at it I promise you won't be dissappointed. I will prolly do another round of Shred in August because I had great results. You've got this don't give up :)
  • Pinkmaddycat
    Pinkmaddycat Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    thanks so much everyone for reassuring me its not just me...i will persevere and hope to see some results
  • kaligrl1
    kaligrl1 Posts: 54
    Options
    I hear alot abotu shred but what exactly is it?
  • allisshiney
    allisshiney Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    The jump from 1 to 2 is the hardest. I promise in 10 days from now you will have mastered it. :) The jump from 2 to 3 is much easier.
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Level 2 is my favourite! Just keep at it, in a few days' time it'll be easier. And then on L3 the drama will start all over again - with it getting easier after a few days.

I've just started Ripped in 30 last week. Level 1 is okay, will be moving on to L2 this evening - I bet you I'll hate it as much as I hated each new level on the shred. :laugh:
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I hear alot abotu shred but what exactly is it?

A workout dvd - just google jillian michael's 30 day shred and all will be revealed
  • kaligrl1
    kaligrl1 Posts: 54
    Options
    Thank you, just searched it on the web and found it. . Thanks again
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    ive just started level 2 on 30ds and i feel a failure....

i hated every minute and struggled through out....

I struggled too, the first couple days, on Level 2. Just keep at it! It won't be fun, but you will get better at it! Good luck!