Replies

• kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Go to Romania, Bulgaria.... gypsies get married at 12-13-16
  • Nichole90
    Nichole90 Posts: 118
    Options
    it is gross...by by the state of law 16 years is legal for any sexual intercourse that is why he cant get into trouble...
  • WifedUpMartin
    WifedUpMartin Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Do you know their names?! I want to look them up and see what everyone is talking about!
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    This happens a lot in my culture. I grew up with a girl who got married at 17 to a 39 year old guy. She's preggers with her third kid right now. She would say things like "oh my whole life is set out for me, I can have everything I want, bladidbladibla." My parents wanted me to get married too, but I refused. She's not happy staying at home doing nothing and taking care of her kids, I'm almost done with my first BA and living and loving life, but guess who's more worthwhile In my grandma's and mom's eyes? (her)
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    its even worse when Afghanistan and arabic countries girls get married at 12 to old men.

that horrible,
    people shouldnt be allowed to do that.

its terrible because the men just beat and abuse them. i think that should be more disturbing than the 16 year old. but because them people arent famous no one gives a crap
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I couldn't imagine getting married at that age, I didn't know what I wanted at 16 and double that age now and it's not that much better....
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't believe she's 16. She looks about 45.
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Look at the the gentleman that own Playboy Masion.... It not any different then having him marry some Playboy Bunny who is in her twenties and he is in his eighties....

Yes, it is gross but it actually happens everywhere in the world, Some may be culture-related, or it really is love and age doesn't matter, or people are completely blind of what really is happening outside thier own world....

~A
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options

Will she look back at her bridal photos and wonder if she could fit in that dress she wore when she was only 16?

LOL. Well, if the world doesn't end and MFP is still around (which I hope it is) she can use it and get whipped back in shape.
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Who in their right mind lets their 16 year dress like that let alone marry an old man. She looks 20 years older than she is - which opens another questions: who in their right mind wants to look 20 YEARS OLDER?
  • ZumbaQueenKelly
    Options
    I think it goes beyond her parents letting her marry him for money. Unless he paid for all that plastic surgery. I would rather go back to my highest weight then look as fake as her.
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    SO TRUE SHE DOESNT LOOK 16 OH WELL TO EACH THIER OWN !

I agree Skinny. No laws were broken and if both of them are okay with it, who are we to cast stones. It is ok to have an opinion, but let us not judge, because we all have our own demons to fight. I once heard a radio DJ say, "If we knew what our neighbors were doing in the privacy of their home, we would be in complete shock".

Look past the age gap and try to see two people in love. I know it is hard, but try anyway. May look at it differently. And yes, I did marry a girl younger than me---by 4 years.
  • MaureenCreates
    MaureenCreates Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Doug Hutchison and Courtney Stodden
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Check out this Anderson Cooper clip. Her demeanor is just not right.

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2011/07/16/the-ridiculist-romance-haters/

Just watched the clip.
    She is a very pretty girl but wtf was she doing on that boat. lmao it was liek she was trying to snog the air..
    and in the interview clip at the end when the 'husband' is talking, and shes like trying to eat the air around him..
    people like this make me laugh!
  • seemichellerun
    Options
    Yeah, thank God those pesky gays can't get married and the sanctity of marriage is being protected by the law. *rolls eyes*
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    She looks way old....plastic surgery?
  • ZumbaQueenKelly
    Options
    Do you know their names?! I want to look them up and see what everyone is talking about!

Me too!

Courtney Stodden & Doug Hutchinson
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    its even worse when Afghanistan and arabic countries girls get married at 12 to old men.

Grim as it seems to us, not all Arab or muslim countries practise this. I think it's grossly unfair to tar everyone with the same brush. There are also muslim African nations who not only marry off their daughters at around this age but circumcise them during childhood. No doubt some of our practises seem barbaric to other peoples. :ohwell:

Regarding the original post; I don't believe that having sex with a 16 year old counts as paedophilia. Certainly in the UK, the age of consent is 16, and I'm guessing that since the couple was allowed to get married, then the age of consent there (USA?) is also 16. While she may not have reached the age of majority, she certainly isn't a child.

As to the reasons behind the marriage - who knows? Not me, that's for certain. I don't know the couple (in fact, I don't even know who you're talking about!), and even if I did, I wouldn't presume to know the reasons for their union. When all is said and done, if it doesn't affect your life, why worry about it?! And why waste your energy postulating about it being a career move for the young woman in question?
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I watched it too. S-T-R-A-N-G-E! What WAS she doing!?! The whole demeanor between the two of them is odd!
  • arh0117
    arh0117 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have a 20 year age difference between us. However, I was 25 when i married him, not 16, and i had been divorced already, which means I knew what marriage was all about and what I wanted in a marriage, and he and I have known each other for at least 10 years. He's a freak and she is a fame wh***!! And her parents are nuts!! My 16 year old child is not gonna be dressing like that!!! Over my dead body!!