Healthier Me

Options

Replies

• ericarey85
    ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    i was just thinking that the other day, i have only been here since the end of July and it has changed since then. :angry: bummer.......
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I received an email back from Joanna and she just said that basically she feels that MFP has changed and she isn't on that much anymore anyway and when she is on, she just doesn't feel very comfortable.

There you go. For what it's worth.

I have to say I kind of agree with her. MFP used to feel so cozy and now it's kind of foreign to me. I still come on here and do my thing but it's not the same. Hopefully she does well, we will all miss her and her yummy recipes. :flowerforyou:
    Yes, I feel the same way, thats why I haven't been on as often as I used to be.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I received an email back from Joanna and she just said that basically she feels that MFP has changed and she isn't on that much anymore anyway and when she is on, she just doesn't feel very comfortable.

I have to say I kind of agree with her. MFP used to feel so cozy and now it's kind of foreign to me. I still come on here and do my thing but it's not the same. Hopefully she does well, we will all miss her and her yummy recipes. :flowerforyou:

plus, even though I wasnt super tight with them, I miss seeing Banks and Vivikay and Manda and EVERYONE. I think there are only like 10 people on my friends list that still come on MFP. WHich is sad because I know that means they gave up on their goals. Tam by the way I am so proud of you and I barely know you! You've lost a whole person! :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options

plus, even though I wasnt super tight with them, I miss seeing Banks and Vivikay and Manda and EVERYONE. I think there are only like 10 people on my friends list that still come on MFP. WHich is sad because I know that means they gave up on their goals. Tam by the way I am so proud of you and I barely know you! You've lost a whole person! :flowerforyou:

Thanks girl!!! Maybe we should try to get MFP back to the way it used to be!!! :wink:
  • ericarey85
    ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    thats what i was thinking
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options

I knew it.

:brokenheart:

That's why I'm not here much either.:ohwell:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    i was just thinking that the other day, i have only been here since the end of July and it has changed since then. :angry: bummer.......

You can say that again.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

Thanks girl!!! Maybe we should try to get MFP back to the way it used to be!!! :wink:

Yes please...I've only been here since July but there has been such a drastic shift since then...I miss it...the boards used to fly with all the people posting, and now in the evenings when I'm tempted to binge and I come on here to read and talk with the boardies it's like a ghost town :sad: :sad:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options

Yes please...I've only been here since July but there has been such a drastic shift since then...I miss it...the boards used to fly with all the people posting, and now in the evenings when I'm tempted to binge and I come on here to read and talk with the boardies it's like a ghost town :sad: :sad:
    Ezzie and I were just talking about that same thing. Hate to say it, but it's no fun in here anymore. Not really. :frown: :huh:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Ah, that is too bad she left. She'll be missed.

We have to remember, we are all different here, even if our goals are similar....everyone leaves for their own reasons. A shift has occurred but it all depends on which side you stand... I've seen people leave because they were offended....and I have seen people leave because others were too easily offended.

Everyone who leaves will be missed, no matter where they stood. :indifferent:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I guess we all have to blow with the wind. I didnt like the way some of the threads were going, so I just didnt look in that post. So simple....I love people who complain about a TV show then recite 4 seasons!! Oh this girl went on and on about Sienfeld once, then repeated every dirty episode. I finally blurted "your remote has an OFF button, RIGHT!!"

SO DONT go away...........pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaase I need you! I would NEVER have lost this 23 pounds without the support of all of you. You have brought me out of my shell(ROTFWL) NO really I enjoy your fun, I enjoy your encouragement, and I love your personalities.

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Also....for whatever reasons....
    I mean we've had a lot of new mommies pop up in here....and it's hard to use MFP in that situation.
    Also, moving, families, reached goal, etc....

All reasons for moving on or leaving....

I :heart: everyone here....makes life amusing to see what comes up sometimes. Even if I don't actually say anything. I will be sad if everyone I know leaves...but I will accept that they have their reasons. :smile:

AWTY- I didn't know you had a shell!

I say we spray everyone down with chocolate fudge...toss'em into a padded/sound-proof room and tell them they can't come out til they make up or eat each other. :laugh:

Love you guys. :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

Ezzie and I were just talking about that same thing. Hate to say it, but it's no fun in here anymore. Not really. :frown: :huh:

Bummer jamerz....sorry to hear you both feel that way. I LOVE BEING PART OF MFP!! :heart:

I create my OWN fun here & stick to the positive folks that enjoy it here, and trust me there are MANY!!:bigsmile: ...we have FUN every day and frankly there are so many posts...I personally can't keep up:laugh: Though I'm not on here 24/7...:laugh:

I hang with positive folks on here & offline in life as well....why bother with negative folks in life..it's just plain too short for that!:bigsmile:

...Perhaps it all depends on your idea of FUN! :wink:

Suggestive pics, language etc. isn't my idea of fun on a mixed crowd message board (which this most certainly IS) the internet already has TONS of places for groups like that....when the group was smaller maybe that type of thing flew...but as anything else...things change as more members join. I think it's truly sad to give a blanket statement like that....that MFP is no longer fun.... ?????? WOW, I was never a part of any poll taking....:huh:

It was Mike's decision to make the changes....perhaps you could take it up with him.... I'm sorry you're so miserable here....I see many posts of you saying so and frankly it gets a bit old!.:noway: :tongue: ...how you wish the gg gang wasn't dead, you all seem alive and well to me:drinker: ...and enjoying one another:bigsmile: :drinker: . I see you all seeming to have fun...perhaps I am reading it wrong?

What type of fun are you looking to have on a fitness board? I think if we all can move forward and not always be turning back to what used to be...maybe then the group could become more united.:heart:

.... Perhaps join a happy thread might make all the difference in the world!! AWTY had one of the most positive threads going on each and everyday...many of us particpate in....

Or...Perhaps join a challenge....those are great to be apart of a group that's goals are similar.

I think MFP HAS changed....I think it has changed for the BETTER.....I know I am not alone in this thought:drinker: :drinker:

I wonder sometimes if some of you have any idea what it feels like to some of us new folks to hear you say....it's just not the same.... it's no more fun..... So what does that say about us? We're not fun??

How kind is that? Not much of a greeting for us newer folks on here...I've been here a couple of months now...yup, it's changed alright but still find the group fun or I create it.... We all get to decide how to live our lives.... positive or negative...:bigsmile: I pick positive Jamerz....:bigsmile:

Want to know what I see has changed? There became a need for boundaries in this group because it was growing by leaps and bounds....because there became a 'special' group that stuck together and left out the rest of us.... members finally stood up and shared how they felt....Mike listened...stepped in....changes were made... and here we are!

Really that's all I see that has happened....

so anyhow...off to find friends that still enjoy MFP and have some FUN with them!:wink::happy: :drinker: :smooched:

I do hope you find something in life that you can enjoy....life's to short to stay miserable....:flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Ah, that is too bad she left. She'll be missed.

We have to remember, we are all different here, even if our goals are similar....everyone leaves for their own reasons. A shift has occurred but it all depends on which side you stand... I've seen people leave because they were offended....and I have seen people leave because others were too easily offended.

Everyone who leaves will be missed, no matter where they stood. :indifferent:

Bunny you are very diplomatic.....that's a positive trait to have in life...to be able to view both sides:drinker:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,050 Member
    Options
    Bummer jamerz....sorry to hear you both feel that way. I LOVE BEING PART OF MFP!!

I create my OWN fun here & stick to the positive folks that enjoy it here, and trust me there are MANY!! ...we have FUN every day and frankly there are so many posts...I personally can't keep up Though I'm not on here 24/7...

I hang with positive folks on here & offline in life as well....why bother with negative folks in life..it's just plain too short for that!

Fitness_Chick. What you said! I have to agree for the most part. Joanna and I started MFP at the same time in August of 2007. She didn't have a lot of weight to lose, and she was nothing but positive the entire time she was here, always contributing recipes, inspiration, and encouragement in a most respectful manner.

I have to say that all the X rated threads and the jokes may be for some people, but I can't avoid them, even though there is a new category. I was reading one new "chit-chat" topic a couple days ago that started out for a couple pages perfectly innocent - then within two pages turned to totally inappropriate talk. I wanted to chime in with "It only took you two pages to ruin this thread!" And it wasn't one or two peeps, but several more who kept taking it lower and lower. I don't know why Joanna left, and it is certainly her business, but really, do we have to digress to sexual conversations on a Weight Loss Forum? I know you all argue that we are adults yadda yadda, but this stuff is so off-putting. Again, there are forums for that type of thing elsewhere on the Internet.

Joanna and banks. You will so be missed. I am sad and I understand.
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Amen to that cmriverside.
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Well said cmriverside & EvilPIB! I got on yesterday to look at some of the forums and someone was saying their goals was to be able to see to shave......I dunno, that was waaaay more information than any guy needs!
    Cowboy
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,050 Member
    Options
    Well said cmriverside & EvilPIB! I got on yesterday to look at some of the forums and someone was saying their goals was to be able to see to shave......I dunno, that was waaaay more information than any guy needs!
    Cowboy

I :heart: that comment, Cowboy!
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    i dont like to complain but,,,

i've been finding it hard too. i was here from the start of the year, i used to find this place very supportive and i would never feel unrespected, but lately the atmosphere changed, i click on what seems to be nice thread and end up wanting to close my account after reading the second post, ok to say dont read it but the title doesnt say much and then you realize you affraid of opening any thread,

but.. i find it hard to go,
    i do come less often though
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.