High heels and Skinny women?????

Options
I have always been big and wearing high heels hurts bad but I am wondering to all of the skinny women who are naturally skinny or have worked their butt's off to get there, is it easier to wear heels when you are thin and less painful???

Replies

• vyvrhovat
    vyvrhovat Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I actually wonder this too! I mean, I can tolerate pain, but.. it is unrealistically bad. Like, I walk for five minutes and then limp the rest of the night. I have a million pairs of badass pumps that I can't ever wear! Will this get better, the more I lose? ):
  • chloeobe
    chloeobe Posts: 72
    Options
    Well im not skinny but being lighter does help! I wear heels all day everyday!!
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'm finding that since I've lost weight, my heels are MUCH more comfortable. The straps no longer dig in/rub on my feet (blisters were always my biggest problem) but I can also walk around for 2 hours in some pretty high wedges (given, they're wedges, but a 5-inch heel is a 5-inch heel) with much less pressure on the ball of my foot. :)
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    im sure these skinny girls are also in agony! but you get used to heels if you were them constantly.

i lived in stilletos then started wearing flat shoes and that felt weird at first and 6 months later i really struggle on a night out in my stilettos. It also has to do with posture. i guess the less you weigh the less your digging into your heels?
  • fruitloops313
    fruitloops313 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've always loved wearing high heels, and to me it does seem easier now than it used to be. For one thing, my feet don't swell as much anymore which used to be a big part of it I think :)
  • agleckle
    agleckle Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I have always loved to wear high heels and I have noticed that in just dropping 30 lbs, it has gotten easier to wear them. I think it is part to do with me being lighter but also part of it has to do with me having stronger legs and a stronger core for balancing now. It still hurts the balls of my feet if I am in them for hours and hours though! I always get the little pillow inserts for the balls of my foot and heels. :)
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I've never been large (I've been at the heaviest of the healthy range) so I can't make a comparison, but I can say that high heels don't tend to hurt my feet. Granted I don't want to go walking around the town in them for a whole day, but I can wear that to work and stuff like that. Lower heels feel MUCH more comfortable though (like one inch heels) if I want to wear heels but am going to be standing/walking a lot. In general, I would think they won't feel so bad after you lose weight, but I would recommend starting out in some LOW high heels :-)
  • ♥BETHANY♥
    Options
    Lucky I love heels but its just too painful to pimp them all day lol
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I have no idea about weight being a factor, I'm sure it is though your bones in your feet are tiny in some places!!, but I know that well constructed high heels and different pitches of the sole itself make a HUGE difference on your level of pain.
  • aejbx4x7s
    aejbx4x7s Posts: 111
    Options
    I think they're always painful, though I'd image they are less so as you get thinner. I splurged on a nicer pair of heels that are neutral but super cute. They're well made and much easier to walk in that other, less expensive heels I have. Also, the actual heel is a bit thicker - not chunky by any means but I hate SUPER thin heels.

Hope this helps!
  • nurse_carolyn
    Options
    I love heels and I don't really have a problem wearing them but I have taught dance since I was a teenager and I don't think I have any nerve endings left in my feet, lol

Maybe invest in a few really good quality, more expensive pairs such as basic black stilettos as they go with pretty much everything. Good luck:)
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    big girls in heels to me is not an good look IMO, It just looks weird, it's like fat guys in slim shoes or sneakers. Not proportionate.
  • Chantelle160
    Chantelle160 Posts: 127
    Options
    No I think they hurt the same. Beauty is pain they say. lol. I have been told to avoid you feet hurting try platform heals. They are supposed to be easier on your back.
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    high heels are bad for you period....but I think they are less painful if you are not overweight...
  • swinginchandra
    swinginchandra Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I dunno... High heels have never bothered me, slim or large...
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I think it is a combination of less weight = less pressure and just plain getting used to it. Once you've worn them for a while your body adjusts. I wore high heels when I was young a thin, but as I got older they grew less and less comfortable (I did not gain weight until AFTER I stopped wearing them)
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    High Heels still hurt... I wouldn't ever go out to a night club and go dancing in a pair of stilettos. But To wear to work, or to a wedding, or to an event they don't hurt.

The longest I can wear them before being in pain is about 3-4 hours... unless I can sit down and stuff. then it is longer,
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    depends on the heels, my jessica simpsons kill my toes, but I have some others that are very comfortable.
  • Michi63
    Michi63 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I don't think it really makes a difference. You are tilting your weight forward and up on the balls of your feet, throwing your body out of it's natural alignment. I am sure it is still uncomfortable. I love high heels but can only wear them when I am going out.:tongue:
  • ♥BETHANY♥
    Options
    ok so I have something else to look forward to :) thanks everyone