chance of precipitation, 50%

Options
Monday it was scattered showers, chance of precipitation 50%...I normally go for my lunch break walk around 1/1:15 p.m. I went and peeked at the weather a few times, and it was definately dark throughout the day. At 1pm was when I decided to look up the weather, and saw the 50% chance of rain...

Was I going to let that stop me?!?!?! Nooooooooooooooooooooooo sir.

I was stressing to get things done at work, knowing that I was taking a 1/2 day Thurs, along with Fri to go to NYC with my cousin and friend. I knew that I NEEDED to get out and walk. I needed that break. As I was walking out the lobby door, the front desk receptionist mentions "bring your umbrella" (as it just poored not before). My response was basically "I'm good."

I get outside, and most of the ground is still wet....a few spots where it started drying up. I still felt some drops coming down here and there. I thought, "what is the worst that could happen?" Well, throw some lightning in there, and it could get a lot worse, but the worst thing I could think of was slipping on the wet pavement and busting my A. I wouldn't put it past me, I can be quite clumsy sometimes. Taking the chance on it pooring again made me feel even more like I needed to push myself to get back sooner than later. So what if it rained. Either way, I will be drenched in water or sweat, or a combination.

As I mentioned in my last blog (link below) I have been incorporating some jogging into my lunch break walking route (2.4 miles). http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/baypathgrad/view/so-proud-of-myself-today-124908

My co-worker is still on vacation so I had the opportunity to jog parts of the route. It is normally a 40 min walk, but last Thurs I had it down to 33 minutes (longest part of jogging was pretty much a 1/2 mile). I jogged even more yesterday.

I beat my time from last Thurs, and was back within 31 (THIRTY-ONE) minutes. :bigsmile:

Took 2 min off my time! However, I think I jogged about half of the whole route this time. I will have to drive it to tell how long I really jogged. I felt like I was Forrest Gump, runnin and runnin. Well, I'm not as fast as Forrest, or have the endurance he has, but either way, it felt great to do what I could. To push myself even farther than before. Yet another day that I was proud of myself. I think I am going to start calling my new shoes my "magic shoes" because they are helping me make things happen (bought them a few weeks ago). It's mostly me making things happen, but I'd like to think my new shoes have something to do with it. Maybe since they are running shoes, they inspire me to run.

I got home Monday night, and tackled Billy Blanks Basic Training Bootcamp DVD. I felt like I needed something more for the day, especially after I ate all this pasta for dinner. And boy, did Billy kick my boo-tay!

I feel myself getting stronger and stronger...

Replies

• cjsgrimlin
    cjsgrimlin Posts: 246
    Options
    wonderful job, looks like the bride to be will look wonderful in that dress next year!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!