Detoxifying your body

Options
http://www.advocare.com/products/well/W3171.aspx

Has anyone tried this? It is an Herbal Cleanse Metabolic Cleansing System. I am looking into doing this, but not sure. Would anyone suggest this?

Replies

• auntjenny74
    auntjenny74 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I haven't, but I tend to be pretty skeptical of cleanses. I believe our bodies are made to detox themselves, and if I am eating whole foods and lots of fruits and veggies, it can do so efficiently and effectively on its own.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I haven't, but I tend to be pretty skeptical of cleanses. I believe our bodies are made to detox themselves, and if I am eating whole foods and lots of fruits and veggies, it can do so efficiently and effectively on its own.

^^^ this ^^^ Though many have asked, there's never been a study to show that these types of products do anything for you. The human body has 2 very efficient means to filter toxins out of the body, and contrary to rumor, waste does NOT stick to the walls of your colon or intestines.
  • jenfitz34
    jenfitz34 Posts: 31
    Options
    A good way to gently detox your body is to just elminate high fat foods. Nature has a way of taking care of the rest and anything else is forcing the body to do something it isn't doing naturally. (i.m.o. that can do more harm than good.)
  • jodilrose
    jodilrose Posts: 1
    Options
    I have done the Advocare 10 day cleanse, so has my mom, aunt and uncle. I did not lose any pounds, my mom lost 4; my uncle 7 and my aunt 8. It is an easy cleanse; a fiber drink some of the days-which you'll still be able to go to work or whatever. It won't keep you from doing your normal routine. It really wasn't hard to do; you do need to stay away from fatty foods during the 10 days and eat pretty healthy if you want to see the best results.

I became an Advocare distributor because of the success my family members saw on the products. I am now taking the appetite suppressants and they do work. My brother in law was already pretty slim and he lost an additional 10 pounds over 2 months, just taking the appetite suppressants and not changing anything else.

Here is my Advocare site if you are interested in learning more: *** MODERATOR EDITED, NO ADVERTISING ALLOWED ON MYFITNESSPAL***

I would be happy to try and answer any other questions about it.
  • jflick73
    jflick73 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would make sure to research it before trying it. I have seen products in the past that really worked, scary things can be removed that you didn't know was there! Im sorry to contradict but your bodies own cleansing system doesn't always work right. You see those older men, usually, with the big bellies and little legs...that's usually an enlarged colon from the body NOT being able to expel the garbage that gets consumed. Stay as natural as you can, good luck!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I would make sure to research it before trying it. I have seen products in the past that really worked, scary things can be removed that you didn't know was there! Im sorry to contradict but your bodies own cleansing system doesn't always work right. You see those older men, usually, with the big bellies and little legs...that's usually an enlarged colon from the body NOT being able to expel the garbage that gets consumed. Stay as natural as you can, good luck!
    so I asked about this exact situation before. I asked a gastroenterologist (a colon and intestine guy essentially) and I paraphrase what he said back.

He said: No, cleanses don't clean anything out of your colon or intestines, if you have stuff in there that shouldn't be, you're sick, and you'd know it real fast. The inside of your colon when you are otherwise healthy, will be pink and slick. The only thing a cleanse will do there is strip your digestive tract of necessary bacteria and micro-fauna that aids in digestion.

Now as to those "older men, usually, with big bellies and little legs..." those guys have adipose fat in their stomachs under the abdominal walls, if you're colon distended enough for someone else to see a bulge, you'd be in BIG trouble.
  • reesepieces
    reesepieces Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    So it might be safe to say that if I did it, it probably won't do any good to waste my money like that?