I'm addicted....to MFP

ksproston
ksproston Posts: 6,958 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Good Afternoon,

I joined MFP a couple of weeks ago and I'm totally addicted. I've been browsing mostly and you all are so great, motivational and supportive.

I'm from Illinois, have been married 10 years and have 3 wonderful children. I've struggled with my weight my entire life. In high school, I was anorexic. After having our first child, my emotions ran rampant and I dealt with the extra weight by eating. I've tried so many diets I couldn't even name them all.

Then, suddenly a light bulb went off in my head. Not only am I doing it for the wrong people, I'm going about it in the wrong way. I've finally realized this is not a diet, it's a lifestyle change. And, most importantly, I'm doing it for ME. I want to be healthy. I want to be happy. I want to live longer for my husband and kids. I want to like what I see in the mirror everyday. Make sense?

Anyway, I'm thrilled to be here. The day I discovered this site was a magical day for me. :happy:

Replies

• ksproston
    Good Afternoon,

I joined MFP a couple of weeks ago and I'm totally addicted. I've been browsing mostly and you all are so great, motivational and supportive.

I'm from Illinois, have been married 10 years and have 3 wonderful children. I've struggled with my weight my entire life. In high school, I was anorexic. After having our first child, my emotions ran rampant and I dealt with the extra weight by eating. I've tried so many diets I couldn't even name them all.

Then, suddenly a light bulb went off in my head. Not only am I doing it for the wrong people, I'm going about it in the wrong way. I've finally realized this is not a diet, it's a lifestyle change. And, most importantly, I'm doing it for ME. I want to be healthy. I want to be happy. I want to live longer for my husband and kids. I want to like what I see in the mirror everyday. Make sense?

Anyway, I'm thrilled to be here. The day I discovered this site was a magical day for me. :happy:
  • That is so awesome and inspirational. I felt the same way as well when I first joined and I was having great sucess. But then I got an anemoia and got waaaaay off track. 6 months later I am back and feel the same as I did when I first started. It definently has to be :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: for you or it just won't work. Nice to have you here. Heidi
  • Mahlia
    Mahlia Posts: 190
    Welcome, sweetie! :flowerforyou:

I'm hooked, too! :laugh: It's a great site, though. Unlike all the other really cheesy ones that're just made to make money. :grumble: I like how genuine this MFP is. :wink:

Anorexia, huh? My sister had that for five years, and is just recovering! :happy:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Welcome to the Dark Side! :wink: :bigsmile:

This place is uber addictive!

:drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Gotta LOVE that lightbulb that goes off....I hear ya on that!! Happened to me as well...gave me awake up call...no pun intended:laugh: :laugh: :huh: :blushing: :flowerforyou:
  • ksproston
    Thanks Ladies! This is a great example of the friendship and support! It doesn't matter the size of your desired loss, we're in it together.
    Kati
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Good Afternoon,

You've definitely got the right attitude! I felt the same way when I came here, and in the 6 months I've been with MFP, I've lost "almost" all the weight that I COULD NOT lose any other way I tried!
    It REALLY, REALLY works! And you are sooooooo right, MFP is totally addicting! :laugh:
  • Me too (I am addicted)! You sound like you are on your way! I just started with MFP, but have been on the "healthy lifestyle plan" for almost 3 years. My cholesterol has gone from 224 to 147 and I have lost almost 40 pounds. There are other benefits too, but the weight and cholesterol were major factors for me. I am fighting with the last 10 or 12 pounds now. Dieting doesn't work, but living healthfully does! Anyway, welcome. Glad you're here.
This discussion has been closed.