HELP ME PLEASE!

Options
Ok, so I know that this journey takes time, but I'm seriously stuck and looking for new ideas and ways to stay motivated. Last June I weighed 260 and now am finally down to 175.8. I have only lost about 6 pounds since joining MFP and could really use some help about now.

I have been at the same weight for a more than 3 weeks now. I have totally kicked it in gear and have increased my workouts. What else can I be doing to see the scale drop? I just need to lose 15 more pounds to hit my 100 lbs gone but I'm really starting to get discouraged. Any advice or ideas are needed and welcomed!

Replies

• vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary, if you are logging all of your food, you could probably benefit from raising the amount of calories you are eating. You are 300-600 calories under daily.
  • babycakes311
    babycakes311 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Whatever you have done to lose the amount of weight you have done already is great. If you dont mind me asking how did you get it all off?
  • aejbx4x7s
    aejbx4x7s Posts: 111
    Options
    Often when you plateau, it's helpful to look at the kinds of foods you're eating. Processed foods contain a lot of sodium and, I find, I lose more weight when sticking to minimally or non-processed foods. Also, try eating more protein and fewer carbs; this helped me past my latest plateau.

Others suggest zig-zagging your calories, which can also help. There are threads on this already if you are interested.

Best of luck.
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I agree, try eating closer to your net goals. As you get smaller, you really need to start watching your defecits so you don't shock your body. Sometimes, even taking a day to go over your calories (500-1,000) can kick start your metabolism and get you going. Otherwise, you might need to look at keeping track of sugars (even from fruits) and refined foods, as they can play a role.
  • PaulaJKelly
    Options
    Some "diet" program advisors suggest a "binge" day - You could just have a little bit more - that one day. It might help jump start you out of the plateau. I agree with others. Celebrate how far you have already come. You have done a tremendous job. Good luck.
  • PaulaJKelly
    Options
    Some "diet" program advisors suggest a "binge" day - You could just have a little bit more - that one day. It might help jump start you out of the plateau. I agree with others. Celebrate how far you have already come. You have done a tremendous job. Good luck.
  • aejbx4x7s
    aejbx4x7s Posts: 111
    Options
    Yeah, looking at your diary, I would recommend eating some of your exercise calories back so that you consume at least 1200 NET calories. Watching your sodium intake and upping protein can help, too.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Increasing my caloric goal has helped me each time I've stalled on losing. I eat over 2000 calories a day and am still losing weight.
  • astroub
    astroub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Are you making sure to eat back your exercise calories? I did not use to do this and read many articles and forums about it... Needless to say I started eating those back and have had great success since doing do. Good luck and best wishes! :)
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    You're routinely netting under 1200 calories. I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but you need to eat more if you want to continue to lose weight. Working out for 500 calories and only eating 1000-1200 is netting you 500-700 calories a day, which isn't enough. The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it's going to get to drop pounds.
  • loulou_88
    loulou_88 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have lost my last 15-20lbs by sticking to whole, natural, unprocessed foods, and my body has thanked me for it! I also agree that increasing protein (through lean meats, eggs, nuts, cottage cheese, yogurt etc.) and decreasing starchy carbs (breads, pastas, potatoes, rice, and SUGAR!) will definitely blast through that plateau!

good luck!
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Eating too little! Plus avoiding the processed foods. Eat more lean protein, veggies and water as well.

Try 1300 or 1400 per day and see how that works!

It will Happen!
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    What helped me break my 3 week of not loosing was to only eat lean meats (chicken, turkey, shrimp, fish), fruits, and veggies. Basically no processed foods and I did that for like 3 or 4 days and immediately dropped 2 pounds. You might try it, it really helped me out. It is kind of hard to do because I LOVE bread and pasta. And when eating salad and vegies I tryed to limit my salad dressing. Also, I didnt do any dairy or eggs as I am allergic to both.