Zumba DVD or wii?

Options
Ghlt4
Ghlt4 Posts: 241 Member
I have decided to do Zumba as my additional exercise. I am not able to go to classes. What do you prefer, Zumba DVD's or the Zumba Wii?

Replies

• Ghlt4
    Options
    Forgot to add which do you like and why?
  • KAT1892
    KAT1892 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Sorry I don't have an answer for you. I'd like to know too!
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I'm a dude....the Zumba DVD's are just not meant for a man to do. .....with that said.....I've done both with my wife and daughter. They do P90 with me so its a trade off. I would definitely do the videos over the gaming version. More variety and no need to stop.
  • Karyn1120
    Karyn1120 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I've played the Zumba for Wii -- it's a lot of fun! I haven't done any regular DVD's, but I've gone to a few classes.

Sorry I can't be much help.
  • keeley86_123
    Options
    Hiya hun - I have the Zumba wii game with the belt, unfortunately the belt dont fit me yet but i can do it without by just holding the remote in my hand - the dancing is really good, its a good source of excerise - gets you sweating within minutes - wii fit hardly makes me sweat like the zumba game does! i would reconmend it to anyone!
  • sharishar
    sharishar Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hiya have only ever done DVD and love it, a few of my friends say the wii is fab but I can not comment as have not done this.

I love Zumba as you don't feel you are actually excercising as it is so much fun.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Both! When I need a change I use the other for a while. I also like Zumba playlists that myself and others have put together on YouTube.com
  • ricochette55
    ricochette55 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hands down the DVDs! I personally like to see actual people when I work out and it just seems like I get a better workout when I do the DVD. I bought the Wii game first, used it twice. Then a few months later got the DVDs and I've done them a lot. Fun!!
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hiya hun - I have the Zumba wii game with the belt, unfortunately the belt dont fit me yet but i can do it without by just holding the remote in my hand - the dancing is really good, its a good source of excerise - gets you sweating within minutes - wii fit hardly makes me sweat like the zumba game does! i would reconmend it to anyone!

Thanks for the review. I'm getting bored with my Wii Fit and was on the fence about buying another game, but think I'll give Zumba for Wii a shot.
  • ashleymariec89
    ashleymariec89 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I JUST got my Zumba Exhilarate DVD box set in the mail (less than 30 mins ago) I currently do Zumba on my Wii, I like it a lot. Add me and I will let you know what I think of the DVD set as I use it more.
  • ashleymariec89
    Options

The belt doesn't fit me yet either, I got a strip of Velcro and use that to make it bigger.
  • moochyesh
    moochyesh Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I use the Game 5x a week and ive lost 20 pounds so far with is. i love it, i also go to classes twice a week!
    I like the game beacause it tells you when you do good where as a DVD they have no idea how you are doing.
    Also you can play matches single songs they have learn the steps ! its amazing!
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I have both - like it on the Wii better. What I really like is the class I attend twice a week.
    Another fun Wii workout is Gold's Gym Dance Workout - that has a latin dance component, as well as cardio boxing.
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the review. I'm getting bored with my Wii Fit and was on the fence about buying another game, but think I'll give Zumba for Wii a shot.

[/quote]With Wii Fit - are you using Wii Fit plus, or regular? I had both, and Plus is more fun. Also another great Wii workout game is Gold's Dance Gym Workout. I have that and the Zumba for Wii.
  • ashleymariec89
    Options
    Ok, I'm sorry but I am going to totally disagree with the previous comments. Like I said I just got the Exhilarate Dvd box set. It is WAY better than the Wii. Wii the people are kind of just blobs, they don't say much, and yes you do get the "meter" on the screen to "tell how you are doing" but that is just measuring if you are moving, NOT if you are doing it correctly. The "people" have no definition, so it is kind of hard to tell whats going on. Don't get me wrong, I love my Wii Zumba, but this DVD set is WAY better.
  • Ghlt4
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the info. I think I am going to try the Dvd's. Amazon have then on sale.